Learn how to make healthy 4 ingredients peanut butter cookies with no eggs or dairy! Crunchy vegan peanut butter cookies 100% gluten-free and grain-free.
What are healthy peanut butter cookies ?
Healthy peanut butter cookies are 4-ingredient peanut butter cookies made of nourishing low-carb flours and unrefined sugar. In fact, those vegan peanut butter cookies are made of almond flour and coconut flour, high-fiber and high-protein flour. As a result, those cookies are very fulfilling and makes the best vegan snacks.
Easy peanut butter cookies
Not only are they healthy but they are also easy peanut butter cookies ! All you need to make those are 4 simple ingredients.
- Peanut butter – make sure you are using fresh, smooth peanut butter with no added oil or sugar
- Liquid sweetener – maple syrup is delicious but if you want a low-fructose, low-glycaemic index sweetener, try brown rice syrup
- Coconut flour – fresh, no lumps
- Almond flour – use fine blanched almond flour for best result. Almond meal is coarser and makes the cookies a bit dry
Is peanut butter good for you ?
Peanut butter can be seen as high in calories and fat. However, if eaten in moderate amounts, it is a great addition to a vegan diet or low-carb diet. In fact, peanut butter provides many healthy benefits, let see what you get in 1 cup of peanut butter:
- 58 g plant-based protein which makes it perfect to refuel after a workout or create fulfilling snacks
- 12 g fiber – good for your gut health and fulfilling
- healthy fats and low-carb – yes, peanut butter contains saturated fat, the one we all want to avoid. But, also 50% of peanut butter fat is coming from healthy, monounsaturated fat, the same good fat found in olive oil.
Crunchy healthy cookies
Those are crunchy peanut butter cookies, not soft cookies! They are delicious as an healthy snack or post workout protein treat. Plus, they store very well in a cookie jar as they are egg-free peanut butter cookies! Finally, you can also freeze them in an airtight container to meal-prep your weekly snacks.
More vegan cookies with peanut butter
If you love vegan peanut butter cookies, I recommend you try those others recipes
- No bake peanut butter cookies – a 3-ingredients raw vegan cookie recipe
- Oatmeal peanut butter cookies – a great way to add peanut butter to your breakfast on the go
- 3 ingredients peanut butter cookie with oat flour
Made those lovely healthy vegan cookies yet? Share a picture of your creation with me on Instagram.
Your friend, Carine
Healthy peanut butter cookies
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir in fresh peanut butter with maple syrup until creamy and consistent.
- Stir in almond flour and coconut flour. Use a spoon at first, then knead the dough with your hands to form a cookie dough ball.
- Divide ball into 12 small cookies balls and place each balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving 1 thumb space between each balls. The cookies don't expand while baking.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Use a fork to gently press each cookie balls into a thick disk. I recommend pressing, two times, forming a cross on top of each cookie. Don't press too hard or the cookies crumble on the sides. If so, use your hands to smooth sides.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top and sides of the cookies are golden brown.
- Slide a spatula under each cookie to transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Cool for 1 hour before eating. The cookies are slightly soft when out of the oven and get hard and crunchy after they cool down.