This Air Fryer Pasta recipe is a sweet version of the viral air fryer pasta recipe, usually made with garlic powder, parmesan, or herbs.
Use your leftover pasta with this fun, easy air fryer pasta recipe and make crunchy pasta with a delicious sweet touch of cinnamon and maple.
I love air fryer recipes even more when I can reuse my leftover cooked pasta.
So let’s see how to make pasta in the air fryer in 15 minutes.
What Is Air Fryer Pasta?
Air fryer pasta is a TikTok viral recipe used as a potato chip alternative for a quick, easy snack or appetizer.
They are very crunchy and deliciously served with dipping sauce.
Here’s my sweet version.
How To Make Air Fryer Pasta
So to make this recipe, you need:
- Cooked Pasta – it’s better to use al dente cooked pasta. If you overcook the pasta in boiling water, it is too soft and won’t crunch as much when air-fried.
- Melted Coconut Oil or olive oil.
- Maple Syrup or any liquid sweetener you love.
- Vanilla Extract
Cooking The Pasta
First, cook your pasta following the packaging instructions, and use timing for al-dente pasta. Use gluten-free pasta brands if needed. Rice pasta or corn pasta also works very well.
Transfer the pasta to a sieve and rinse under cold water.
Drain for a few minutes before coating in the recipe. You can also use leftover cooked pasta for this recipe.
Coating The Pasta
First, place the cooked pasta in a large bowl. Next, stir in the oil, cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Transfer to the air fryer basket when the pasta is all well coated with the mixture.
Make sure you lay the pasta in a single layer, so they cook evenly.
Air fryer the pasta for about 10-12 minutes at 400°F (200°C) until crunchy and golden brown.
If some pasta is still soft, keep air frying – you can remove the ones already crunchy and keep air frying the remaining batch.
You can also make this recipe in your oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the coated pasta in a single layer.
Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes, flipping the pasta halfway.
The crunchy pasta tastes better served with a dipping sauce like:
- Chocolate Sauce – To make the sauce, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Date Caramel
You can store the pasta in an airtight box at room temperature for three days.
You can also freeze the pasta and thaw it the day before serving it at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make the savory version of the Air fryer pasta chips?
Use the same recipe, keep the same amount of oil and pasta and remove maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Instead, stir in:
- 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast or dairy-free parmesan cheese.
- 1/2teaspoon of Italian seasoning herbs.
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Can I use any pasta for this recipe?
Yes, any cooked pasta works well. To make pasta chips use flat pasta varieties like farfalle and bowtie pasta.
Can I cook pasta in the air fryer?
Not directly, you can use cooked pasta in the air fryer to make pasta casserole or this pasta chips recipe.
Did you try this sweet version of the air fryer pasta recipe? Share a comment or review below.
Air Fryer Pasta
- In a bowl, add the cooked pasta, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Stir to combine and evenly coat the pasta with the mixture.
- Place the coated pasta in one single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 10-12 minutes or until crunchy.
- Place in a serving bowl to cool down. Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate dipping sauce.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil for 30 seconds, stirring regularly, until fully melted.
- Serve the lukewarm crunchy cinnamon pasta dipped in sauce.