No bake coconut cookies are easy healthy vegan cookies similar to no bake coconut macaroons with a tangy coconut lime flavor and a delicious chocolate shell. They are perfect snack or dessert for any occasion.
How to make raw coconut cookies?
Those coconut cookies are no bake cookies with coconut oil. Coconut oil is the magic ingredient that hold raw cookies together. In fact, coconut oil solidify below 23C which give all the texture to those no bake vegan cookies. Let’s have a look at the simple ingredients you need to make those macaroon cookies.
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Almond flour or almond meal, both work well in the recipe but for a lighter color I recommend blanched almond flour
- Coconut oil – feel free to use refined coconut oil if you don’t like the strong flavor of unrefined coconut oil
- Liquid swetener – I love to use either maple syrup or sugar-free monk fruit syrup to make the keto coconut cookies. It is up to you to choose the swetener you prefer. Other option are coconut nectar, brown rice syrup or agave syrup.
- Lime juice – or simply water or coconut water if you don’t like the flavor of coconut lime together
- Dark chocolate- 70%-85 dark chocolate bars are vegan including some sugar free stevia sweetened dark chocolate. If unsure check ingredient list for no milk or dairy.
Flat coconut cookies or coconut balls!
You can shape those cookies the way you like! They also make beautiful no bake coconut cookies balls for Christmas cookie platter. Simply skip the flattening step, dip your no bake coconut balls into the chocolate and you will turn this into an amazing chocolate covered coconut balls recipe!
Play with the flavor : coconut lime, vanilla coconut and more!
The recipe use 3 tablespoons of liquid and any liquid will work. I recommend using lime juice as coconut lime is the magic flavor. However,you can also try coconut wter to enhance the coconut flavor or unsweetened vanilla almond milk for a vanilla coconut cookie.
More no bake vegan cookies
If you love easy no bake vegan cookies I recommend you also try those recipe :
Don’t forget to share a picture of your cookies with me on Instagram! I love to reshare your creation in my stories with all the conscious plant kitchen followers !
Your friend, Carine.
No bake coconut cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut
- In a food processor, using the S blade attachment, add all the ingredients. Choice the liquid you like depending on the flavor you want to add to your coconut cookie. Pure coconut use coconut water or use lime juice for coconut lime flavor.
- Process for 1 minutes, stop the food processor, scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for 1-2 minutes until all the ingredients are soft and comes otgether into a dough. It should take about 3 minutes on medium/high speed. If too dry add 1 extra tablespoon of liquid of your choice.
- Roll 25 small cookie balls within your hands and place each balls onto a plate covered with parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball into a cookie shape and place the plate into the freezer for 5 minutes while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- Melt vegan dark chocolate with coconut oil in a saucepan under low heat, stirring constantly to avoid the chocolate to burn. Otherwise microwave in a microwave safe bowl by 30 seconds burst.
- Remove the cookies from the freeze and half dip each coconut cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Bring back the dipped cookie onto the plate and repeat until all cookies are decorated.
- Sprinkle extra desiccated coconut on the melted chocolate to decorate.
- Place the plate in the freezer 5 minutes to set the chocolate shell.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- The cookies can be frozen in a sealed bag or box. Defrost 30 minutes before and eat half frozen or at room temperature.