Welcome to Carine and Damien’s vegan food blog where you will find many easy, mostly-baking, vegan recipes to help you live a vegan lifestyle while saving the planet one bite at a time.
But before telling you more about what we have to share with you on this blog, let me introduce the team behind The Conscious Plant Kitchen. This vegan cooking blog has been created for the love of plant-based food, animals, and our planet.
Carine’s Professional Career
I am Carine Claudepierre a foodie, food photographer, and low-carb eater passionate about vegan baking, particularly vegan cookies!
I studied science with a Master’s Degree in Material Science from UTT and a Research Masters from the same place. While this is not (yet) in nutrition, this gave me a strong background in chemistry, which is really how cooking works!
I am a certified nutritionist with an Accredited Certificate in Nutrition and Wellness obtained in 2014 from Well College Global (formerly Cadence Health). I am also a crafty mum sharing my kids’ craft ideas and kids’ recipes at Busy Little Kiddies. My first recipe blog was Sweet As Honey where I continues to share my low-carb and keto baking recipes and a few classic French dishes I’ve made over the year, like my French Crepe Recipes.
I also worked as a chef, making crepes and other simple baking recipe at my family’s restaurant in the Vosges mountains.
I published a recipe cookbook in 2016, Clean Bakery (publish by Bateman Ltd.), where I shared many healthy baking recipes.
I have been an Almond Breeze ambassador for several years, making several recipes for them, including a few e-cookbooks.
You can find me at:
- The Conscious Plant Kitchen on Facebook
- On Instagram at @theconsciousplantkitchen
- Contact me at email@example.com
- Snail Mail: PO BOX 76, 0985 Matakana, NZ
Damien is a tech guy, vegan for many years, a marathon runner, and Carine’s inspiration in the kitchen. Damien tastes and rates every recipe that Carine makes, particularly the post-workout ones.
He runs every day, so he needs his load of cupcakes, muffins, and cookies to refuel!
We make real recipes, made with wholesome ingredients, easy to make, healthy, and, of course, vegan.
In fact, nothing makes us happier than listening to people telling us they’ve made our recipes to friends and family and no-one noticed they were vegan!
Here we are sharing all types of vegan recipes:
- Vegan Baking Recipes – your favorite baking recipes, made egg-free, dairy-free, and cruelty-free. From banana bread to cookies, brownies, muffins, cakes, and more!
- Simple Vegan Breakfast – such as overnight oats, energy balls, pancakes, or oatmeal.
In The Media
Carine’s recipes have been featured in many online and printed publications such as:
- CNN Food – How to use up summer squash in so many ways – our Stuffed Zucchini
- Junction Mag – November 2023
- Vegnews – 8 Microwaveable Vegan Mug Cakes
- Healthline – 12 Healthy Protein Shakes for Weight Gain
- Hella Vegan Eats – 15 Amazing Vegan Peach Cobbler Recipes To Make At Home
- Hella Vegan Eats – 15 Incredible Vegan Soul Food Recipes To Try Right Now
- Well and Good – 3-Ingredient ‘Lazy Cookie’ Recipes
- Cooking Chew – 102 BEST Sweet Breakfast Recipes
- Cooking Chew – 30 Yummy Cookie Recipes Without Butter
- Good Housekeeping – 45 Easy Protein Bite Recipes
- Eatial – 51 Best Gut Protocol Recipes
- USA Today – Easy recipes you can make with five ingredients or less
- Emilie Eats – Carrot Cake Muffins
- The Kitchen Community – 17+Easy Vegan Cookie Recipes
- Yahoo – 50 Quick and Easy Breakfast Ideas That Don’t Involve Eggs
- Parade – 50 Breakfast Ideas & Recipes Without Eggs
- Parade – 7 Benefits of Beets
- Parade – Easy Meals for Weight Loss, According to an Endocrinologist
- Insider – 5 Delicious Pumpkin Recipes for the DASH Diet
- Elle.fr – Comment faire un pumpkin spice latte maison ?
- Insanely Good Recipe – 30 High-Protein Breakfasts to Fuel Your Day
Frequently Asked Questions
We chose the name The Conscious Plant Kitchen to highlight the fact that we only do vegan recipes coming from our own kitchen, and we think about them as a whole, not just vegan ingredients.
It’s important for us that the recipes allow more people to switch to a diet that includes more plants and less animal products.
Yes, 100% of our recipes are vegan.
Absolutely, flick me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with what you’d love to see on the website!
What I love about The Conscious Plant Kitchen is that all our recipes are quite easy to make. It doesn’t take huge skills or a lot of experience. This is because I triple test (or more) all recipes, to make sure they are fail-proof.
If you want to just have a go at something easy and taste, try my Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.
No, we don’t. We’re trying to stay as authentic as possible. We wouldn’t call ourselves conscious otherwise!
We do all our recipes ourselves from A to Z. In fact this even goes beyond recipes!
Carine creates and develops recipes, shoots all the pictures, write the posts and shares them on social media.
We don’t use AI to generate content. We don’t use recipe developers or food photographers. All the content on The Conscious Plant Kitchen is carefully crafted in our own home, in beautiful New Zealand.
We also don’t take any sponsorship deals because we believe that it can alter what we think, how we use, and how we would promote these brands. If you see a brand named on the website, this is because we really like it!
We believe that bringing genuine, authentic, and well-tested recipes is essential for all our readers and to deserve the trust that is put into us.
Carine & Damien