Those almond flour chocolate chip cookies are healthy chewy vegan chocolate chips cookies using tahini and almond flour. Bonus, they are also vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies and paleo.
Easy almond flour chocolate chip cookies
It is so easy to make no butter chocolate chip cookies that are chewy and delicious. The trick is to use a combo tahini paste, maple syrup and almond flour.
Let see the few simple ingredients you need to starts making those tahini cookies vegan, of course !
- Almond flour – not almond meal! almond flour comes from ground blanched almonds. Therefore, the texture is fine, white in color and perfect for those vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies
- Tahini paste – or sesame paste is what you use in most classic hummus recipe. If you can’t find this ingredients, fresh runny peanut butter will work well as a subsititute
- Maple syrup – or brown rice syrup to decrease the carbs and GI
- Unsweetened almond milk or soy milk or plant based milk of your choice
- Baking powder – or half amount of baking soda if preffered
- Salt – optional but recommended for extra flavor !
- Vegan chocolate chips
What’s tahini ?
Tahini is a very healthy ingredient made of sesame seeds and also known as sesame paste. In a vegan diet, it brings you lots of important nutrient like zinc, magnesium, potassium and iron ! In baking, tahini adds a tasty seed/nutty flavor to the cookies and the perfect chewy texture avoiding eggs and butter! Therefore, those are healthy tahini chocolate chip cookies. Of course, if you don’t appreciate tahini flavor you can swap for peanut butter!
More vegan cookies recipe
I recommend you try my other gluten free vegan cookies recipe below !
- Peanut butter cookies – a 3 ingredients crunchy peanut butter cookie recipe
- Almond flour shortbread – 3 ingredients star shortbread cookies
- Coconut flour shortbread – 3 ingredients melt-in-your mouth holiday vegan shortbread
If you try those vegan paleo almond flour chocolate cookies don’t forget to share a picture of your creation with us on instagram !
Your friends, Carine
Vegan almond flour cookies
- 2 cups almond flour (180g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup or brown rice syrup for a lighter sweet flavor or agave syrup (90 ml)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon fresh tahini paste - at room temperature or fresh runny peanut butter, no added sugar, no added salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk - lukewarm
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add almond flour, baking powder, salt, maple syrup, fresh tahini paste and unsweetened almond milk (lukewarm, not cold) .
- Combine with a spoon until it forms a crumbly dough then stir in the vegan dark chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to gather the pieces of dough into a cookie dough ball. The dough should be soft and easy to bring together. If it is too dry, may happen if you used almond meal (not recommended!) add 1 tablespoon of extra almond milk to bring ingredients together.
- Using a cookie dough, scoop the dough, to shape 16 small cookies. Place each cookie dough ball onto a baking tray.
- Slightly press the top of each cookie to flatten slightly. The cookie won't expand while baking so shape them as you like, thinner they get crispier, thicker they stay softer/chewier in the center.
- Bake at 180C (350F) for 12-15 minutes or until the sides are golden brown. The center stay soft, white in color. The cookies will harden and get chewy at room temperature.
- Cool down the cookies onto a cookie rack for at least 2 hours to enjoy their best flavor and texture.
- Store the cookies in a cookie jar for up to 1 week.