These healthy Strawberry Banana Popsicles are smooth, creamy, healthy frozen treats made with only 4 ingredients. Bonus, these healthy vegan popsicle recipe is also dairy-free and full of calcium perfect for vegan kid snacks.
What are vegan popsicles?
Vegan popsicles are homemade frozen treats simply made at home in a popsicle mold using dairy-free ingredients. Vegan popsicles are the easiest vegan ice cream recipe to make, a frozen treat on a stick made of fruits, non-dairy milk, and non-dairy yogurt. They are healthy snacks for vegan kids in summer or any time of the year to fix your sweet cravings without added sugar.
How to make Strawberry Banana Popsicles?
First, gather all the ingredients below. You need 4 basic ingredients to make these strawberry banana popsicles with yogurt:
- Ripe banana – this is the main sweetener in the recipe, so the ripest, the sweetest the popsicles will be.
- Fresh strawberries – hulled.
- Non-dairy-yogurt of choice – any non-dairy yogurt works in this recipe, like plain coconut yogurt, soy yogurt, or almond yogurt. Note that coconut yogurt adds a strong coconut flavor and makes the popsicle creamier too.
- Dairy-free milk of choice – I used coconut milk but almond milk works too
These are the 4 basic ingredients needed for the recipe. However, if you want to add flavor to your strawberry banana frozen yogurt popsicles, you can add:
- Maple syrup – or agave syrup or brown syrup. Basically, any liquid sweetener works here but these options are refined sugar-free and healthier options for kids.
- Vanilla extract
Blend ingredients together
Add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender: fresh fruits, non-dairy yogurt, coconut milk, and any added sweetener or vanilla. Blend until smooth, at high speed, until you obtain a smoothie-like texture.
You can also use a food processor for this recipe. It may take a bit longer to process, but it should come out well.
I am using an 8-popsicle individual mold. It’s the best choice to make homemade popsicles because this allows you to unlock one popsicle at a time from the stand. Some molds are all attached to the stand, making it very difficult to serve a single popsicle at a time, so I don’t recommend these.
Fill the molds slowly to avoid trapping bubbles. Fill them up to the top, then close the stand with the lid provided with the popsicle mold and insert a wooden popsicle stick in the center of each popsicle.
Freeze overnight until the popsicles are set and frozen.
How to release homemade popsicles?
Remove one popsicle mold from the freezer and run warm water onto the plastic area. Pull out from the mold by pulling the mold and stick in opposite directions until it comes out.
Can I coat the popsicles with a chocolate shell?
Yes, you can add a hard chocolate shell onto the frozen popsicles. First, lay parchment paper on a plate that fit into your freezer.
Then melt 1 cup of vegan dark chocolate chips or 70% cocoa chocolate with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Stir until the chocolate mixture is shiny and completely melted.
Next, place the melted chocolate mixture into a tall glass.
Finally, release each frozen popsicle at once, and dip it into the melted chocolate. You can use a spoon to help you cover some difficult parts to dip. Since the popsicles are hard frozen, the chocolate shell sets really fast.
Place the coated popsicle onto the plate and pop the plate in the freezer for 20 minutes to set the shell hard.
Store the coated strawberry banana coconut milk popsicles in an airtight container in the freezer.
More raw vegan dessert recipes
If you love vegan dessert made with healthy, wholesome ingredients and refined sugar-free, I have more for you to try on the blog!
Have you made this delicious and healthy vegan popsicle recipe? Share a comment or review below. I love to hear your feedback on my recipes.
Strawberry Banana Popsicles
- 1 ripe Banana - large, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Strawberries - hulled, about 15 fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup Plant-based Milk - I used coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vegan yogurt - I used dairy-free coconut yogurt
Optional - to add sweetness
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend at high speed until it forms a banana strawberry smoothie mixture.
- Fill 8 popsicle molds up to the top. Add a popsicle stick in the center of each filled popsicle.
- Freeze overnight and store for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Remove one popsicle mold from the freezer and run hot water onto the plastic mold to easily pull out the popsicle.