No- are melt-in-your-mouth bars with crunchy chips and soft . An easy nourishing recipe perfect as a vegan snack for the cookie- lovers.
Who doesn’t love eating from the spoon? Obviously, we all do and I am here to tell you that this can actually be nourishing, and good for you! Say hello to my healthy no-! They will fix your cravings in no time. Plus, they are loaded with plant-based protein, fiber and even a touch of iron! So keep reading to learn how to make your no-bake .
The good new is, bars are easy to make. All you need are only need 7 pantry ingredients to make these bars. Let’s see what you need to start making these easy vegan snack bars.
- – make sure you are using pure with no added and no added oil or the result would be very different. You can also use any you like, a fresh jar of natural will work too.
- recipe. Don’t be tempted to use or , the won’t come together. or agave syrup or brown rice syrup for a low GI option. You need a liquid sweetener to make this no bake
- as a swap to , the same amount of thin will work very well. – I am using blanched fine for best result. meal would also work but it’d leave a gritty texture and would dry out the bars. You can also use
- Coconut texture. Don’t replace coconut by more or all-purpose . In fact, is not edible, only coconut , nut flours and seed are safe options – you need this combination of flavor to reach the best
- is to use solid oil at room temperature like or cocoa . – if you don’t like coconut flavor, use refined , it has no coconut flavor. However, you can’t use liquid oil or vegan .The success of this
- Dark is delicious with vegan dark or vegan milk . Yes, you can find tagged as ‘milk’ but vegan. Some healthy brand use a combination of , cocoa and non dairy milk in their recipe. –
- Vanilla extract
How to make recipe?
This recipe is made with raw ingredients to preserve all the nutrients and vitamins from each ingredients. Plus, its a refined free recipe, there is no high- ingredients like or white needed in this recipe.
First, you need to combine the liquid ingredients together in a small bowl. Bring and in a bow and stir until smooth. If your is not runny, or you used or , the mixture may be difficult to stir. You can bring all the ingredients in the microwave for 20 seconds to often the . Otherwise, you can combine all the ingredients in a saucepan under medium heat. Next, stir in the raw flours :coconut and (or if preferred!) and . Finally, add the vegan chips half way. Be careful, if you warm the liquid mixture it can melt the chips so wait few minutes for the to reach room temperature before stirring in any kind of . Note that this can also be made in a . However, if you do so, I recommend adding the chips using the pulse mode of the to avoid breaking the chips. ,
How to shape no bake snack bars
Step 2: press in a of slice pan
The size of the pan will impact the thickness of the . I like to use a slice pan 9 inches x 6 inches or a square pan 8 inches x 8 inches. For a thick opt for a 9 inches x 5 inches. Also, always make sure you line the oaf pan with parchment paper or the bars will be difficult to lift out of the pan.
You must chill the before adding the on top. The fastest method is to pop the in the freezer for 10 minutes or in the fridge for 30 minutes. to set the
Step 4: or
The is a soft that combine dark and . Of course, you can add some flavor to the adding a pinch of or 1 teaspoon of . Also, if you don’t have the can be made with vegan too ! on top of these
Can I use ?
You can turn these no- into a post-workout vegan protein-loaded snack. To do so, simply replace coconut by vanilla pea . You will reach a similar texture. However, depending on the brand you use, you may have to add less or more powder to reach the same texture. If your dries out the batter significantly, add a splash of unsweetened milk or water into the batter until it’s soft and easy to spread as a bar. See my video for tips on texture.
Can I make nut-free cookie dough bars?
You can make these bars nut-free. Below are some simple swaps to make a nut-free vegan snack.
- Peanut butter – replace by sunflower seed butter. Make sure the jar is fresh, with oil on top or the bars would be dry.
- Almond flour – replace by the same amount of oat flour or sesame flour or sunflower seed flour. Those three nut-free flours can be made at home by blending the seeds or oat in a blender for 30 seconds.
More vegan snack recipes
I have plenty of no-bake vegan snack recipes for you to try. My favorite are
Made these peanut butter cookie dough bars? Share a picture with me on Instagram ! I love to see what you are making.
Your friend, Carine
No bake cookie dough bars
Cookie dough bar
- a pinch Sea salt
- Line a 9 inches x 6 inches baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, salt and vanilla.
- Combine with a spatula until creamy and evenly combine.
- Stir in almond flour and coconut flour, use the spatula at first then when it start to be difficult to stir, add in chocolate chips and knead the dough with your hands.
- Transfer the cookie dough into the prepared pan and press the dough all over the pan to form an even layer.
- Freeze 10 minutes while you are making the chocolate layer
- In a small sauce pan, add dark chocolate and coconut oil. Melt on medium heat, stirring all the time to avoid the chocolate to burn. You can also melt the mixture in the microwave using a glass bowl Microwave 1 minute, stir and repeat by 30 seconds burst until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Remove the bar from the freezer and pour the melted chocolate onto the cookie dough bar.
- Spread the chocolate evenly, then bring the pan back to the freezer for 5-8 minutes until the chocolate layer is set.
- Cut into 16 small bars and store bars into an airtight box in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze the bars in a zip bag. Defrost on the counter for 2 hours before eating or enjoy half frozen.