Those vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are soft, gluten free pumpkin cookies made with only 6 ongredients and perfect to celebrate fall!
You know how much I love to create vegan gluten free cookies, especially easy ones with less than 10 ingredients. While all my family love the no pumpkin cookies recipe they requested something a bit more crunchy. So say hi to my new creation, an healthy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies – healthy + gluten free
Those healthy pumpkin cookies are easy vegan gluten free cookies made with almond flour and coconut flour. Consequently, they are also grain free pumpkin cookies perfect if you don’t tolerate grain much or watch the carbs.
Let see the 6 wholesome ingredients you need to make those delicious cookies.
- Almond flour – almond meal work too but the cookies gets slightly dryer
- Coconut flour – fresh, no lumps for precision
- Pumpkin puree – if you use can pumpkin puree, make sure it is 100 % natural, no additives.
- Pumpkin spices – it is basically a store bought combo of cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. You can also use only cinnamon if preferred
- Coconut oil – if you don’t like coconut flavor use refined coconut oil, it has no coconut taste
- Coconut sugar – it is my favorite unrefined sugar in vegan recipes. First, because it has a lower GI than other unrefined crystal sugar. It means it release the energy in your blood stream slowly. Next it adds a delicious earthy caramel flavor to baking. Finally, I love the texture it gives to cookies.
- Vegan dark chocolate chips
As you can see this is a very easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe, requesting minimal ingredients that most healthy foodie have on hands.
Soft pumpkin cookies
Those are crispy on the outside with a soft center that is why I love to say they are soft pumpkin cookies. The center melt-in-mouth and doesn’t crunch. It is an amazing cookie to serve in fall season with a cup of tea or almond milk chai latte.
How to store pumpkin cookies vegan ?
Those vegan pumpkin cookies can store for up to to 3 weeks in a cookie jar. That is the good thing about vegan baking, no eggs, no butter, no milk and the recipe last for longer !
More vegan gluten free cookies
If you love vegan gluten free cookies you will probably adore those recipe too:
I hope you enjoy this simple pumpkin cookies recipe. If so, share a picture with me on Instagram.
Pumpkin cookies vegan + gluten free
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree - fresh or canned, no additives!
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
Icing - optional
- 1 cup powdered crystal sweetener I recommend sugar free erythritol to keep the recipe healthy otherwise icing sugar work too
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350F). Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir the dry ingredients together: almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar.
- Add melted coconut oil and pumpkin puree and stir with a spoon at first, then knead with your hands until it form a cookie dough.
- Shape 1 cookie dough balls and place each balls on the cookie tray leaving 1 thumb space betwen each cookie. The cookies won't expand when baking.
- Slightly flatten the cookie balls with your hand palm.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes or until the cookie crackles, top and sides are golden brown and harden slightly.
- Cool the cookies on cooling rack, the y will firm up with time and get all the flavor and texture after 4 hours.
- Combine all the ingredients together and add a dollop of icing on top of each cookie. Leftover icing can be frozen in an airtight container and defrost in the fridge the day before you intend to use it
- Store in a cookie jar up to 3 weeks without frosting or up to 1 week with frosting. The frosting tend to change the texture of the cookies adding some moisture in the center.