Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are soft, gluten-free pumpkin cookies made with only 6 ingredients and perfect to celebrate fall!
You know how much I love to create vegan, gluten-free cookies, especially easy ones with less than 10 ingredients.
While all my family loves the no pumpkin cookies recipe, they requested something a bit more crunchy.
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Those healthy pumpkin cookies are easy vegan gluten-free cookies made with almond flour and coconut flour.
Consequently, they are also grain-free pumpkin cookies perfect if you don’t tolerate grain much or watch the carbs.
Let’s see the 6 wholesome ingredients you need to make those delicious cookies.
- Almond flour – almond meal work too, but the cookies get slightly dryer.
- Coconut flour – fresh, no lumps for precision.
- Pumpkin puree – if you use can pumpkin puree, make sure it is 100 % natural, with no additives. Learn how to make your own pumpkin puree.
- Pumpkin spices – it is basically a store-bought combo of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. You can also use only cinnamon if preferred.
- Coconut oil – if you don’t like coconut flavor use refined coconut oil. It has no coconut taste.
- Coconut sugar – it is my favorite unrefined sugar in vegan recipes. First, because it has a lower GI than other unrefined crystal sugar, it means it releases the energy in your bloodstream slowly. Next, it adds a delicious earthy caramel flavor to baking. Finally, I love the texture it gives to cookies.
- Vegan dark chocolate chips
As you can see, this is a very easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe, requesting minimal ingredients that most healthy foodies have on hand.
Vegan Pumpkin Cookie Texture
These Pumpkin Cookies are crispy on the outside with a soft center.
That is why I love to say they are soft pumpkin cookies.
The center melts in your mouth and doesn’t crunch. It is an amazing cookie to serve in the fall season with a cup of tea or almond milk chai latte.
Storing Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
These vegan pumpkin cookies can store for up to 3 weeks in a cookie jar.
That is the good thing about vegan baking, no eggs, no butter, no milk, and the recipe lasts longer!
More Vegan Gluten-Free Cookies
If you love vegan, gluten-free cookies, you will probably adore these recipes:
I hope you enjoy this simple pumpkin cookie recipe. If so, share a picture with me on Instagram.
Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cup Almond Flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar - or unrefined crystal sugar of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spices
- ½ cup Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Puree - fresh or canned, no additives!
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a cookie tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir the dry ingredients together except the chocolate chips: almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar.
- Add melted coconut oil and pumpkin puree and stir with a spoon at first, then stir in chocolate chips and knead with your hands until it forms a cookie dough.
- Shape 1 cookie dough ball and place each ball on the cookie tray, leaving 1 thumb space between each cookie. The cookies won't expand when baking.
- Slightly flatten the cookie balls with your hand palm.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes or until the cookie crackles, top, and sides are golden brown and harden slightly.
- Cool the cookies on a cooling rack, they will firm up with time and get all the flavor and texture after 4 hours.
- Store in a cookie jar for up to 3 weeks without frosting or up to 1 week with frosting. The frosting tends to change the texture of the cookies, adding some moisture to the center.