Those no bake snickers bars are raw vegan snickers made of wholesome ingredients and unrefined sugar. Plus, they are gluten free and paleo approved!
How to make no bake snickers bars?
No bake snickers bars or raw vegan snickers are healthier version of your favorite commercial snickers bars. They have the smilar taste and texture as the one you love from the store without the refined ingredients. All you need to make healthy homemade snickers are:
- Peanut butter – fresh, runny with no added oil, no added sugar
- Coconut flour
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Coconut oil
- Dark chocolate – chocolate with more than 70% cocoa chocolate is (usually!) vegan. I recommend 85% or 90% dark chocolate for this recipe
Healthy candy bars
Those are healthier version of your favorite snickers bars . Of course, I can’t say healthy because they are still high in calories and saturated fat from peanuts. But, the wholesome ingredients in this recipe provides fiber, nutrient and less sugar. Lets see some numbers to compare 50 g of a raw vegan snickers bars to a commercial one:
- 10g less carbs
- 10 g less sugar
- 2 times more fiber
- Iron, magnesium and potassium form dates and nuts !
So if you want to indulge on a raw vegan desserts this is a better option than any other treats made of refined sugar!
A 3 layer candy bar
We all love vegan snickers, a sweet peanut candy bars with chewy nougat layer, sticky caramel and crunchy chocolate.
This is the secret to make healthier wholesome vegan sncikers layers.
- Nougat layer – a combination of cashews, peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour. This create the most delicious sticky nougat layer with a delicious peanut flavor.
- Caramel layer is a sticky peanut date caramel made of peanut butter and soft medjool dates.
- Chocolate coating is made of 90% dark chocolate to decrease sugar as the 2 previous layers are already very sweet.
More raw vegan desserts recipe
If you love raw vegan desserts, I recommend you also try our:
- No bake peanut butter pie – a raw chocolate crust with peanut butter chia mousse
- No bake chocolate pie – a chocolate avocado mousse pie ready in 30 minutes
Made those raw snickers bars and want to share a picture with us? Follow us on Instagram and tag us in your story. We love to see your creations.
Your friend, Carine
No bake vegan snickers bars
- 1/4 cup Roasted peanuts - unsalted
- In a blender with the S blade attachement, add all the nougat layer ingredients starting by : cashews, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, water and coconut flour.
- Blend on high speed until the ingredients comes together, form a paste that has almost no bites of nuts (or very small ones). You may have to stop the food processor few times, stop every 30 seconds, scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and repeat until the nougat layer is smooth and easily to shape. It should resemble playdoh in texture. If too dry add a splash more water up to 1 tablespoon.
- Press the nougat layer into a 9 inches x 5 inches loaf pan covered with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer while you make the caramel layer.
- In the same blender bowl (no need to clean) add all the caramel ingredients: dates (if yours are not soft, soak in boiling water 10 minutes before using, drain and then add in the recipe), peanut butter, almond milk, vanilla and salt.
- Blend on high speed until the ingredients comes together, form a smooth sticky date paste that has almost no bites of dates (or very small ones). As before, you may have to stop the food processor few times, every 30 seconds, scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula and repeat until the date paste is consistent.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer, spread the caramel layer on top of the nougat layer and then sprinkle the roasted peanuts.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer again for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, pull out the bars from the loaf pan and place on a chopping board.
- Slice into 12 small bars (on the picture I made 6 huge snickers bars, trust me it is too big for 1 serving!).
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a saucepan or microwave. I recommend 85% chocolate as the middle layers are already very sweet it balance the whole bar sweeteners better (and decease sugar!)
- Using two forks, dip each snickers bars into the melted chocolate then return the bars onto a plate covered with parchement paper.
- Repeat until all bars are covered with chocolate.
- Place the plate in the freezer 10 minutes ot until the chocolate layer is set.
- Store in the fridge, in an airtight container for 3 weeks or freezer in zip bags. Defrost 1 hour before or eat half frozen.