An EASY one-bowl vegan apple bread recipe ready in 15 minutes with simple ingredients that you probably have a home right now! This moist apple cinnamon bread with sweet apple pieces is the best vegan breakfast to celebrate the Fall season!
Cinnamon Apple Bread recipe is a very simple breakfast bread recipe that makes your kitchen smell like heaven! A moist crumb, full of cooked apple pieces and Fall flavors. Let me share with you how you can make this easy vegan banana apple quick bread recipe.
All you need to make the best vegan apple cinnamon bread are minimal ingredients and only 1 bowl! Let’s see what you need to make dairy-free apple bread at home:
- Flour – I am using all-purpose flour but feel free to replace it with the same amount of spelt flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour. I recommend sifted flour to avoid lumps and for a fluffier bread.
- Oil – I am using a light-flavor oil like avocado oil, canola oil, or light olive oil. Melted coconut oil works too but tends to make this vegan apple banana bread chewier and denser.
- Unsweetened almond milk – or non-dairy milk your love.
- Mashed banana – it’s a vegan banana apple chunk bread. I really love the balance of banana and apple flavor in this bread but if you want to enhance the apple flavor simply swap mashed bananas with the same amount of unsweetened apple sauce.
- Vanilla extract
- Ground flaxseeds or ground chia seeds – this is an egg-free apple bread and this ingredient acts as a natural egg replacer.
- Apple chunks – you can use any apples but I recommend crunchy apples like green apples or jazz apples. These apple varieties don’t get mushy and won’t release too much juice in the bread.
- Sugar – white sugar or unrefined cane sugar for a healthy twist. Xylitol or erythritol will work too for a sugar-free option.
- Brown sugar – or coconut sugar.
- Baking powder or half amount of baking soda so here replace the 3 tsp baking powder by 1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda.
How to make vegan banana apple chunk bread?
Grease the loaf pan
First, prepare a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Lightly grease the loaf pan and then line a large piece of oiled parchment paper onto the pan. This will prevent the bread from sticking to the pan and also will make it easier to release.
Don’t over-mix the batter
Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients including the ground flaxseed and chopped apples. Then, stir in the remaining dry ingredients: sifted flour, sugar, brown sugar, spices, and baking powder.
The trick to make a fluffy vegan apple bread is to just combine the mixture. It means that you shouldn’t over mix the batter and stop stirring as soon as all the flour is incorporated. If you overdo the bread batter your bread will be gummy and dense.
Finally, transfer the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-65 minutes. You know the bread is cooked through when a skewer inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, not wet.
Cool completely before slicing
This vegan apple quick bread recipe is easier to slice if you cool completely the bread on a rack for at least 2 hours. This prevents the bread crumb from falling apart. Plus, the flavor of the spices will have time to set and spread in the bread.
How to store?
You can store this apple bread in the pantry for 2 days or for a week in the fridge in a sealed container. Also, you can freeze the apple bread slices in a container, separating each slice with a piece of parchment paper.
This makes it easier to defrost one slice at a time. Thaw the bread overnight at room temperature on a plate.
How to glaze apple bread?
This is optional but you can add vegan glazing on top of this apple bread recipe. First, completely cool down the bread then drizzle on top of the loaf as seen in my picture.
To make vegan glazing with only 2 ingredients combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 2-3 teaspoons of almond milk.
Stir and adjust, adding more powdered sugar for a thicker glaze. Or add more almond milk for a thinner glaze. Drizzle the white glazing all over the apple bread. Refrigerate the bread for 15 minutest to harden the glazing if desired.
You can serve this vegan apple bread slices for breakfast on side of a cup of tea or coffee. This bread is good with a teaspoon of almond butter or vegan butter spread and a pinch of extra cinnamon!
Play with flavors!
Like any banana bread recipe, you can many tasty things in your vegan apple bread. Try adding 1/2 cups of one of the following ingredients to create different bread flavors:
- Chopped walnuts
- Chopped pecans
- Vegan chocolate chips
More vegan breakfast recipes
I love baking for breakfast and I have plenty of other easy vegan breakfast recipes for you to try on the blog:
Have you made this plant-based apple bread recipe? Share a review or comment below or join me on Instagram to share a picture of your creation,
Your friend, Carine
Vegan apple bread
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil - or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Mashed banana - or unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 1 cup Small apple chunk - packed
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour - sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with oiled parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, almond milk, mashed banana, ground flaxseeds, and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
- Core, peel the apples, and cut into small chunks. Add into the bowl. Stir the apple chunk into the liquid ingredients.
- Now add the sugar, brown sugar and sifted flour to the wet ingredients. Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder on top of the flour. Stir gently to incorporate all the ingredients together until just combined, but DON'T overmix or the bread will be gummy and thick.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the bread come out clean. You can cover the top of the pan with a piece of foil to avoid the top of the bread to brown too fast.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then pull out the bread from the pan using the hanging pieces of parchment paper
- Transfer onto a cooling rack to completely cool - about 2 hours.