This Vegan Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread is a moist, easy, nourishing pumpkin bread recipe perfect for breakfast.
You will love the comforting flavors of cinnamon, pumpkin, and chocolate chips!
What Is Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread?
Vegan pumpkin bread is a dairy-free and egg-free moist bread made with pumpkin puree.
It is a delicious sweet bread to start the day or as a coffee cake made with gluten-free ingredients.
How To Make Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
It’s very easy to make your own vegan, gluten-free pumpkin bread.
Actually, all you need are a few simple pantry ingredients:
- Homemade Oat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- Almond flour – for a nut-free option, use sunflower seed flour or sesame flour.
- Brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Spices – a combo of ground cinnamon and nutmeg is the best to enhance the pumpkin flavor of this vegan pumpkin bread. For even more pumpkin taste, you can add pumpkin spices or a pumpkin pie spice mix.
- Pumpkin puree – you can either buy canned pumpkin puree. It’s usually 100% pumpkin, with no additives. Otherwise, make your own puree by roasting or steaming pumpkin pieces. Cool it down to room temperature, and then blend the cooked pumpkin into a puree. Learn how to make your own pumpkin puree.
- Maple Syrup
- Melted coconut oil or any nut oil or healthy light vegetable oil you like.
- Vanilla extract
- Vegan dark chocolate chips – this is optional but recommended!
Storing Vegan Bread
It is recommended to store vegan pumpkin bread in the fridge. While the recipe doesn’t contain egg or butter, the pumpkin puree stores longer in the fridge.
You can also freeze your pumpkin bread. Slice the bread before putting it in the freezer, then freeze the cut slices in an airtight box.
Defrost the day before at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make the batter moist, it’s essential to make a flax egg with the right consistency and to use pumpkin puree.
The pumpkin puree brings a lot of moisture and keeps the center of the bread spongy without the need for baking soda.
One slice of this gluten-free pumpkin bread contains 257 calories.
This vegan gluten-free pumpkin bread contains 37 grams of carbs per serving and 33 grams of net carbs.
Don’t forget to share a picture of your lovely bread on Instagram! I love to see your creation.
Vegan Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread
Shop My Tools
- 2 tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ cup Water - lukewarm
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9-inch x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Slightly brush the paper with melted coconut oil – I used a teaspoon of melted coconut oil that I brushed all over the paper to make sure the bread won't stick to it. Set aside.
Prepare the flax egg
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flax meal with lukewarm water. Set aside for 10 minutes or until it forms a egg-like texture.
Prepare the bread
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, flax eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine oat flour, almond flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine until it forms a consistent batter.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan with the pumpkin bread batter.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes. You can cover the pan with a piece of foil after 25 minutes to prevent the top of the bread from burning or getting too dark.
- Remove from the oven, cool down 10 minutes in the pan, then lift the parchment paper to lift the pumpkin bread from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cool down on a rack for at least 4 hours or overnight before slicing into 12 slices.
- Store for up to 5 days in a cake box in the fridge or freeze slices in an airtight container.