These vegan no-bake brownies without dates are the easiest and healthy chocolate treat. Plus, they are gluten-free and perfect to snack or refuel after a workout.
No-bake brownies – healthy vegan brownies
Of course, when you hear brownies, you think dessert. While these no-bake brownies are delicious desserts, they are also nourishing snacks.
Indeed, only one square contains 6.5 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber that are both very fulfilling. Let see the list of simple ingredients you need to make those fudgy no-bake brownies without dates.
- Peanut butter – make sure you use fresh peanut butter with no lumps or added oil. You can use any nut butter like almond butter.
- Maple syrup – or any other liquid sweetener you love like agave syrup, brown rice syrup, apple syrup, or sugar-free monk fruit syrup.
- Unsweetened almond milk – at room temperature for best result, Feel free to use any other plant-based milk you love like coconut milk, rice milk, oat milk.
- Flaxmeal – this add the most delicious texture to the brownies. It also adds healthy fat and fiber to this snack.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – those are no-bake brownies recipes with cocoa powder. I use unsweetened to avoid added sugar.
- Coconut flour – it is totally safe to eat raw coconut flour. It is a delicious way to create no-bake vegan desserts that taste like cooked ones. If you are concerned about eating raw flour, read my article about the raw flours that are safe to eat.
Tips to make the best no-bake brownies
No-bake brownies are very easy to make by anyone. However, you must use a food processor – not a blender- to combine the ingredients properly.
The speed of the blade will warm the ingredients and create the perfect batter. Don’t try to make the recipe without a food processor or it will come out very different.
Next, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature, cold almond milk will harden the whole batter and it will be more difficult to blend. Finally, use fresh nut butter a freshly opened jar is the best as it is creamy, runny, and has no lumps.
More no bake vegan desserts recipe
I love no bake vegan desserts, and if you too, I recommend you give a try to the followings
- No bake peanut butter cookies – an easy 3 ingredients no bake vegan cookie
- Chocolate avocado mousse – a 4 ingredients instant vegan chocolate mousse
Your friend, Carine.
Vegan No-bake Brownies
- ½ cup Peanut Butter - no added oil, no added sugar, fresh and runny
- ⅓ cup Maple Syrup - or liquid sweetener of your choice like sugar-free Monk fruit if keto or brown rice syrup, agave.
- ¼ cup Almond Milk - unsweetened at room temperature
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor with the S blade attachment, add all the ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk (make sure the almond milk is at room temperature. If just out of the fridge, it solidifies the peanut butter and won't come out as good), unsweetened cocoa powder, flaxseed meal, and coconut flour.
- Process on medium speed until all the ingredients come together and form a consistent brownie batter. It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds. The dough will be dark, sticky, and thick. That is what you want. If it looks very dry, which can happen if you did not measure the flour precisely, add 1 extra tablespoon of almond milk. Process again.
- Gather the brownie batter with your hands. It is sticky, so you can wet your hands to make this easier. Transfer the no-bake brownie batter onto the prepared loaf pan and press to flatten using a silicone spatula. Freeze for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting.
Chocolate peanut butter frosting
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Remove the brownie from the freezer and spread the chocolate frosting on top. Note that the frosting will stay shiny and sticky. It won't solidify, it is a soft creamy topping.
- Place the no-bake brownie in the fridge for 1 hour before slicing. This will give the flavors time to combine, and the texture will be perfect.
- Cut into 8 squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.