A fruity, super creamy or should I say a perfect to celebrate summer!
are the best snack or breakfast to fix your sweet tooth with a variety of nutrients. The key to making a nourishing is to blend several varieties of fruits. In fact, each has different essential vitamins and minerals and combining fruits increases the nutrient profile of your . With a combination of 3 tropical fruits, this is the best to reach your daily vitamins.
How to make a ?
It is always easy to make at home, but the most difficult part is to reach the perfect texture. In order to make a super creamy smooth you need to combine frozen fruits with fresh fruits. This is the absolute rule to avoid an overly frothy that will be impossible to slurp with a straw.
So let’s see the simple ingredients you need to blend together to make this . Its basically a combo of and , all that match together.
- – I recommend you buy a bag of chunks, organic if you like, this makes it easier to use straight away.
- – same, buy chunks to avoid the hassle of cutting a fresh one that you then have to freeze.
- – fresh, slightly ripe to add a boost of sweetness. It enhances the tropical flavor and gives the best texture. I don’t recommend using a or the . Too much in a turn the into a , thick, only eatable with a spoon.
- – canned gives the best results and avoid additives like gums, present in beverages. Both options will work but for the creamiest texture and a healthy , choose canned . Note that light canned is perfect too and contains less saturated fat.
- – or water if you don’t have this at home. is the secret ingredient to boost the tropical flavor of this easy .
It is very important to place the unfrozen at the bottom of the blender jug. Then, add the frozen fruits on top and finally the liquids. In fact, if you add the frozen fruits first, the blade will have difficulties to start and you may have to stop the blender and scrape ingredients to help it spin.
Can I store a in the fridge?
Always serve a . immediately to ensure the best texture. You can’t really store very well in the fridge without losing their frothy texture. They will still taste good after 24 hours in the fridge but they will taste more like
This is definitely a healthy , with no dairy and with nutrient-dense fruits like . In fact, recipes are often healthier simply because they don’t contain or . is high in sugar from lactose and saturated fats too. Therefore, made with plant-based like unsweetened almond or reduce the intake of sugar, calories and saturated fat. options of Plus, a perfect energy booster for your breakfast. and are high vitamin C fruits with respectively 79% and 60% of vitamin C per 100g. This makes this
You can use this to make a range of . Lets see the adds on possible in this :
- with fiber, proteins and , – perfect to boost this
- – add 1/3 cup of baby or in the and 1/4 avocado ! Other way to make a is to add 1/2 teaspoon of spirulina a high protein with a blue green color
- Protein shake – add 1 tablespoon of vanilla to make a tropical protein shake !
- – this is not easy to find but the addition of will enhance the tropical flavors of this
- or – you can replace by for a boost of vitamin C and more !
- or lemon – for a touch of acidity
It is much more beautiful to serve this with like
- – like slice of , diced ,
- – a touch of grated ginger marry well with
- Dessicated coconut – flakes or shredded
- Seeds – , chia seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- – by – you can serve this as a and add some on top. To make the thicker replace
I have few other recipes, too, for you to try including:
Made this mango pineapple banana smoothie yet? Share a picture with me on Instagram, I love to see what you are making!
Your friend, Carine
Vegan tropical smoothie
- 1 cup Frozen Pineapple - chunks
- 1 cup Frozen Mango - chunks
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk - canned, light or full fat
- 1 small Banana - cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup Coconut water
- In a blender jug, add banana pieces, frozen mango chunks, frozen pineapple chunks, canned coconut milk and coconut water.
- Blend on high speed until smooth. You can thin out the smoothie by adding a splash more coconut water.
- Serve immediately.