Crisps, cobblers, crumbles, buckles, or grunts are all very similar desserts made with a layer of fruits cooked under a crumbly batter.
The difference between all of these can be subtle, but they share something in common.
They are absolutely delicious!
What Are Crumbles And Crisps?
Crumbles and crisps are made with a base layer of sweet fruits such as strawberries, apples, peaches, or blackberries.
The fruits are then topped with a buttery crumbled batter sprinkled on the pan and cooked to perfection.
Making vegan crumbles and crisps can be tricky but can be easily replicated by using vegan butter with the help of oats, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
What Are Cobblers?
Cobblers are very similar to crisps and crumbles, but the batter layer on top of the fruits isn’t crumbled.
Instead, it’s scooped and forms small bubbles of batter that darkens on the top.
Our Top Picks
- Vegan Blueberry Cobbler: This sweet and fruity cobbler is made with blueberries, flour, plant-based milk, and your favorite spices. It’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and is perfect for a summer dessert.
- Vegan Strawberry Crumble: This classic crumble is made with strawberries, vegan oats, and your favorite spices. It’s a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and vegetables and is perfect for a cozy winter day.
- Vegan Peach Cobbler: This Southern classic is made with peaches, vegan biscuit dough, and your favorite spices. It’s a great way to celebrate a special occasion and is perfect for a potluck.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Crisp: This elegant crisp is made with apples, vegan oats, and your favorite spices. It’s a great way to impress your guests and is perfect for a holiday party.
- Vegan Gluten-Free Crisp: This moist and flavorful crumble is made with gluten-free oats, making it perfect for those with allergies or dietary restrictions. It’s a great way to enjoy crumble without compromising on taste.