This no bake chocolate avocado pie is an easy healthy vegan chocolate pie filled with a creamy avocado mousse. Bonus, the recipe is keto friendly too using sugar free monk fruit syrup!
It is that time of the year when all I think about is vegan holiday dessert. This chocolate avocado tart is perfect for it, ready in 20 minutes, delicious and healthy !
Vegan chocolate pie with avocado
This vegan chocolate pie is one the best no bake vegan dessert you will try! You won’t believe there is avocado hidding in there. The creamy avocado chocolate mousse filling is mind-blowing, sweet and so comforting.
All you need to make this chocolate avocado pie is less than 10 ingredients and 20 minutes:
- Ripe avocado – read next paragraph to learn how to know if your avocado are ripe
- Dessicated coconut, unsweetened
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Almond milk or unsweetened plant based milk you like
- Maple syrup – or any liquid sweetener you like. Brown rice syrup has 50% less sugar and a lower GI so it is great if you want to control carbs otherwise sugar free monk fruit syrup is 100 % sugar free and keto friendly. Other vegan sweetener options are agave syrup, coconut nectar or date syrup
- Coconut oil
How can you tell an avocado is ripe ?
A perfectly ripe avocado is the key to success this simple chocolate avocado pie. In fact, if your avocado are too hard the chocolate filling won’t be creamy and pieces of avocado will still be in the mxiture. On the otherside, if your avocado are overripped the flesh will present black spots that will get the filling bitter. So I recommend following those steps to check if your avocado are ripe:
- Color – a ripe avocado is darker in color so first look for a dark avocado
- Peel back the small cap on top of the avocado -that is the best test ! the color underneath should be green if dark/brown the avocado is overripe – it means you will have black spots on the flesh. Also, if the cap doesn’t go easily is is not ripe yet!
- Texture – gently press the darkest avocado in your hands, a perfectly ripe avocado is slightly soft but should resist some pressure.
Chocolate avocado pie – keto friendly
This recipe is keto friendly using sugar free Monk fruit syrup, a sugar free natural syrup. Therefore, a slice of this pie will get 12 g net carb. It can be seen as high but remember that this is a dessert and it is healthy for you ! So it is still better to indulge on this keto vegan dessert during the holiday rather than sugar loaded ones!
More no bake vegan desserts
If you love esy no bake desserts I recommend you try
Don’t forget to share a picture of your creation with me on Instagram, I love to see your pictures of my recipe!
Your friend, Carine
Chocolate avocado pie
Choocolate crust - 20 cm/ 8 inches pan
Chocolate avocado mousse
- 1 cup Avocado - about 3 large avocado (240 g, 8.5 oz)
- 1/3 cup Almond milk - unsweetened or unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Maple syrup - or sugar free monk fruit syrup (if keto) or brown rice syrup or agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil - melted
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup 85% cocoa dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon Coconut yogurt - - per slice
Prepare the no bake chocolate crust
- In a food processor with the S blade attachment, add all the dry ingredients: raw almonds, dessicated coconut and cocoa powder. Blend for 30 seconds until the almonds turns into a thick meal.
- Stop the blender and pour in maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
- Blend again to form a sticky dough. It should be sticky enough to form a crust. If too loose or dry adjust adding 1 tbsp of water and blend again.
- Press in the crust into a loose bottom pie pan, 20 cm (8 inches). The dough is sticky so you can place a piece of parchment paper between your fingers and the dough to avoid the dough to stick to your fingers. Press the dough until it covers all the pan.
- Place the pie pan into the fridge to set.
Chocolate avocado mousse
- Scoop out avocado flesh from ripe avocado and remove any black spot form the flesh that may bring bitterness to your mousse.
- Measure 1 cup packed avocado flesh (or weight 240g, 8.5 oz).
- In the same food processor (no need to clean the bowl!) or in a blender add the avocado flesh, maple syrup, cocoa powder, unsweetened almond milk and melted coconut oil.
- Blend until it forms a shiny consistent chocolate mousse. If needed, stop the food processor, scrape down the sides and blend again until smooth and no bites of avocado are left.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into the prepared no bake chocolate crust.
- Sprinkle chopped 85% dark chocolate chunks on top of the pie to decorate.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving
- After 4 hours in the fridge the pie is creamy like a chocolate mousse pie. For a thicker texture pop the pie 30 minutes in the freezer before serving. The texture will be closer to chocolate cheesecake.
- Release the pie from the pan by pushing up the loose bottom part of the pan.
- Serve with a dollop of dairy-free coconut yoghurt on top.
Storage and freezing
- You can make ahead the pie and freeze ! Simply defrost in the fridge the day before serving.
- Store 3 days in the fridge.