Healthy Fruit Pizza (No-Bake)
This Healthy Fruit Pizza is a no-bake fruit pizza made with a raw 3-ingredient no-bake crust and topped with protein spread and fresh fruits.
Plus, this vegan fruit pizza is also gluten-free, high protein, and dairy-free.
What’s A Healthy Fruit Pizza
This healthy fruit pizza is a simple dessert with a pizza shape that can be made from a baked oatmeal crust or a no-bake crust.
Fruit pizza can be served cold or frozen. They are topped with yogurt spread and fruits.
How To Make Healthy Fruit Pizza
This is the easiest fruit pizza recipe you will ever make!
In fact, it doesn’t require baking, and the crust is made with only three wholesome ingredients.
No-bake Pizza Crust Ingredients
All you need to make the no-bake crust are:
- Medjool Dates – pitted and soft. If your dates are dry, soak them in a bowl with hot water for 10 minutes before using them in the recipe. Drain before use.
- Almonds – roasted or not, both options work but roasted almonds add a delicious flavor.
- Vanilla Extract
Shaping The Pizza
To make the crust simply add all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and blend using the S blade attachment until it forms a sticky dough.
Cover a chopping board with a large piece of lightly oiled parchment paper.
Place the ball of pizza dough in the center of the piece of parchment paper. Grease your hands and press down the dough.
Then, place another piece of oiled parchment paper on top of the ball, make sure you place the oiled side onto the raw dough.
This prevents the dough from sticking to the rolling pin. Press and roll dough with a rolling pin into a 10-inch pizza shape.
Freeze the pizza crust while preparing the yogurt spread.
For the pizza spread, no need to use cream cheese! Combine the ingredients below:
- Yogurt of Choice – You can use dairy-free Greek yogurt like coconut yogurt or soy yogurt.
- Maple Syrup or sweetener of choice – avoid powdered sugar or refined sugar to keep the pizza healthy. You can also use vegan honey alternatives such as coconut nectar.
Spread the yogurt spread on top of the pizza crust, leaving the sides free from the spread.
Decorate the pizza with the fruits recommended below. Then, drizzle peanut butter all over the pizza and dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate.
Best Fruits For The Fruit Pizza
The best fruits are seasonal fruits, this is a better choice for the environment but it also guarantees the freshness of fruits.
You can use some of the below fruits. For large pieces of fruits like bananas, strawberries, or apples, it’s better to slice fruits before adding them to the pizza.
- Banana – since bananas darken quickly when in contact with air, it’s better to stir the banana slices in lemon juice before adding them to the top of the pizza.
- Strawberries – cored and sliced, strawberries add color and taste to the pizza.
- Kiwi fruits – peeled, sliced. Kiwis are one of the rare green fruits to add a fresh taste to the dessert.
- Blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries, blackberries – add whole berries, no need to cut.
- Citrus fruits like mandarin, oranges, or tangelo.
- Grapes – if they are in season. Slice them in half.
- Pineapple or Mango – cut it into small chunks.
Serving Fruit Pizza
There are two ways to serve this pizza:
- Frozen Fruit Pizza – keep the pizza in the freezer, and remove it from the freeze 10-12 minutes before serving for easier cutting.
- Cold Fruit Pizza – keep the pizza in the fridge, the dough will be softer and not as easy to serve but delicious as well.
I love to serve this pizza as a weekend dessert or for special occasions such as Memorial Day or Fourth of July.
You can store the healthy fruit pizza in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Thaw it for 10 minutes before serving it as a frozen dessert.
If you store the fruit pizza in the fridge, it will keep a softer texture and can be kept for up to 3 days..
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Bake The Crust?
You can’t bake this crust recipe. For a sugar cookie crust, use my oat flour sugar cookie recipe roll the dough into a 10-inch oat crust, and place it on the pizza pan.
Bake it in the oven following the oatmeal cookies instructions. Cool completely before adding yogurt spread and fruits.
Can I Add Protein To The Recipe?
Sure, to do so use a high-protein yogurt, and stir 1 or 2 tablespoons protein powder or powdered peanut butter in the yogurt spread.
Note that adding dry ingredients like protein powder or PB2 peanut butter in the yogurt thickens the spread so you may have to add almond milk to reach the best texture.
Also, a great protein boost consists of using almond butter instead of peanut butter on top of the pizza.
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
If you like healthy desserts, you’ll love these recipes:
Have you made this healthy vegan fruit pizza? Share a comment or review below.
Healthy Fruit Pizza
- 1 cup Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup Medjool Dates - pitted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Yogurt Of Choice - I used coconut yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Seasonal Fruits - I used strawberry, banana, kiwi, raspberries and blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate - chopped, i used 78% cocoa
- Line a wooden board, chopping board, or 10-inch plate with parchment paper. Oil the paper with a few drops of coconut oil. Set aside.
- Before you start, make sure the dates are soft and pitted. If not soft, soak them for 10 minutes in hot water and drain them before use.
- In a food processor, blend pitted dates, almonds, and vanilla until it forms a sticky dough with tiny pieces of almonds.
- Transfer the dough to the center of the piece of parchment paper. Grease your hands and press down the ball.
- Place a piece of oiled parchment paper on top of the dough ball (oiled side onto the dough) and roll it into a 10-inch circle. The parchment paper prevents the raw dough from sticking to the paper.
- Freeze the pizza base while making the yogurt dip.
- In a small bowl, stir yogurt, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Spread the yogurt spread all over the pizza base leaving the sides free from yogurt.
- Decorate the pizza with seasonal fruit. Cut large fruits like a banana or strawberries or kiwi into thin slices. Blueberries and raspberries can be added whole.
- Drizzle peanut butter on top and add the chopped dark chocolate.
- Freeze the pizza for 30 minutes to firm up before serving.
- You can store the pizza in the freezer and thaw for 10 minutes before serving as a frozen dessert, or store it in the fridge for a softer texture.