This Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream is the easiest protein ice cream you can make this summer using the Ninja Creami ice cream maker and contains 15 grams of protein per serving.
The Ninja Ice cream maker is an amazing appliance for making quick and delicious ice creams.
However, the TikTok trend to make protein ice cream is not to my taste as they all use Fairlife dairy milk and are packed with sugar-free pudding mix.
So let me introduce this wholesome, dairy-free protein ice cream made with clean and delicious ingredients to fill your body with plant-based proteins.
What Is Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream?
It’s a protein ice cream made from the same natural ingredients you use for your protein shake but frozen and blended by the Ninja Creami machine.
The machine has the ability to turn a frozen protein shake into a creamy texture like traditional ice cream.
How To Make Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
My favorite way to make protein ice cream in the Ninja Creami is to use simple, wholesome ingredients.
All you need are your Ninja ice cream maker, an empty Ninja Creami pint, and the ingredients below.
- Peanut Butter, almond butter, or cashew butter.
- Maple Syrup or any liquid sweetener you love including sugar-free if preferred.
- Soy Milk – The best way to add protein to the ice cream is to use high-protein milk.
- Chocolate Pea Protein Powder – You can use any chocolate protein powder you love, like hemp, soy, or peanut-based.
- Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder
In a high-speed blender, or in a large bowl, add all the ingredients – order doesn’t matter.
Blend on high- speed for a minute, or use a whisk to combine all ingredients into smooth chocolate milk with no lumps of peanut butter.
Pour the mixture into the clean, dry Ninja Creami pint.
Place the lid on top of the pint and freeze it for 24 hours.
The next day, remove the lid and use a tablespoon to scrape the eventual little bump of ice that sometimes forms in the jar’s center.
It’s essential to always process the ice cream with a flat top in the machine, so you must scrape this bump for the best result.
Making Protein Ninja Ice Cream
Secure the pint into the Ninja cream machine following the machine’s instruction.
Select the lite ice cream mode.
When the cycle is done, remove the jar from the Ninja Creami. The texture will be powdery – this happens most of the time in the Ninja Creami, and that’s easy to fix.
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of plant-based milk, secure the jar back to the machine, and press the respin button.
Re-spinning the ice cream is a classic method often used with the Ninja Creami to fix the powdery result of the first spin.
After that cycle, you should have a creamy texture. The texture varies from soft serve to classic ice cream, depending on how much milk you add.
Serve the ice cream using an ice cream scoop. It should be smooth and easy to scoop.
This peanut butter ninja protein ice cream is delicious served with:
- A few dark chocolate chips
- A drizzle of extra peanut butter
- Shredded coconut
- Crushed peanuts
- Sliced almonds
Of course, you can use this recipe to create a range of Ninja Creami protein ice cream recipes. It doesn’t have to be a chocolate peanut butter protein ice cream.
Try the combination below to create different protein frozen treats flavors.
- Vanilla Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream – Remove the cocoa powder, and use the vanilla protein powder and cashew butter.
- Strawberry Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream – Add 1/2 cup fresh pitted strawberries, remove the cocoa powder, use vanilla protein powder, and use cashew or coconut butter.
In the Ninja Creami machine, you can add pieces of chocolate or cookies to the pint to mimic traditional ice cream.
If you want to add protein to the ice cream try adding 1/4 cup of:
- Peanut butter protein bar crumbs
- Soy crisp
- Protein cookies
- Protein brownies
Secure the jar again, without a lid, in the Ninja Creami and press the mix-in button to incorporate.
Storage And Refreezing
You don’t have to serve the whole jar of Ninja Creami protein ice cream.
If you have leftovers, use a spoon to smooth the surface of the ice cream left in the jar.
You want a flat surface before refreezing, or the ice cream will be very hard to process by the ice cream machine the next time.
Secure the lid and freeze it again. When you feel like ice cream, replace the tub in the Ninja Creami and press on the lite ice cream button again.
Below are some allergy swaps if you need to adapt this frozen dessert recipe.
- Nut-Free – Swap the peanut butter for sunflower seed butter and use a nut-free protein powder.
- Soy-Free – Use protein-fortified almond milk and protein powder made from hemp or pea.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are my answers to your most common questions.
This often happens with healthier versions of ice cream recipe where fat is low, or dairy are not used.
It can also come from the freezer temperature. If too low, the first spin in the Ninja Creami turns the ice creamy powdery.
To fix it, add one tablespoon extra milk after the first spin and press respin.
Most of the Ninja Creami recipe books use sugar, but in reality, you don’t have to use refined sugar or any sugar at all in the ice cream maker.
Of course, this impacts the taste of your ice cream. If you skip the sweetener, don’t expect the ice cream to be sweet.
There are some other options that are sweet and natural, like maple syrup, agave syrup, or coconut sugar.
Did You Like This Recipe?
Ninja Creami Protein Ice Cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Soy Milk
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a clean, dry Ninja creami pint. Close lid, place in a flat place in the freezer, and freeze 24 hours.
- The next day, remove lid, secure the bowl into the nija creami machine following the machine instructions
- Press lite ice cream and wait until the Ninja creami end the cycle
- Remove the pint from the ninja creami maker. At this point the top look powdery and that's normal. Add 1-2 tablespoon extra milk, resecure the bowl in the machine and press respin
- After that cycle, the ice cream should be smooth and creamy. If not, repeat the respin method above adding an extra tablespoon of milk. If layers form, use a small silicon spatula to combine before scooping ice cream
- Serve with a drizzle of peanut butter or chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- If you have leftover, use the back of a spoon to smoothen the top of the ice cream left in the Ninja creami pint. Place lid and refreeze. Next, time follow the same instructions to turn into protein ice cream