Vegan Mug Brownie
This vegan mug brownie is the most delicious gooey brownie in a mug to fix your chocolate craving in 90 seconds!
What Is A Vegan Mug Brownie?
A vegan mug brownie is a fudgy brownie recipe cooked in your microwave in 90 seconds.
Since it is a vegan recipe, it’s also egg-free, dairy-free, and bonus, this one is refined sugar-free!
How To Make Vegan Mug Brownie
Where are my chocolate lovers? I can’t see better than this fudgy chocolate mug brownie to fix a chocolate craving.
It is my go-to recipe when the kids and hubby request a chocolate cake, and I don’t feel like baking for hours.
Plus, if you don’t have a microwave, you can also bake this recipe in the oven. Keep reading!
- Whole-Wheat Flour – You can use classic wholewheat flour, white wheat flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Coconut Sugar – Any crystal sweetener would work such as coconut sugar, brown sugar, or sugar-free crystal sweetener (erythritol or monk fruit blend).
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Almond Milk – Unsweetened almond milk or the plant-based milk of your choice.
- Coconut Oil – melted or vegetable oil of your choice (sunflower, canola).
- Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
Oven Baking Option
I love to cook this chocolate mug brownie in my microwave because it takes only 90 seconds.
However, I reckon that this is not the healthiest way to cook food. So, I tested the recipe in the oven too to give you both options.
First, use an oven-proof ramekin. I am using a 9-cm (3.5-inch) diameter ramekin.
Next, bake at 350°F (180°C) for 8-12 minutes.
Finally, cool for 10 minutes in the ramekin as it is burning hot when out of the oven. Enjoy it in the ramekin.
Vegan Mug Brownie Toppings
There are plenty of ways to enjoy this vegan mug brownie recipe. The following are my favorite toppings.
I recommend adding the toppings before baking your brownies:
- Chocolate chips – add an extra teaspoon of vegan dark chocolate chips on top. It will melt in the oven and add the most delicious texture.
- Raspberries and chocolate chips -sprinkle a few raspberries along with the chocolate chips. You can use fresh or frozen raspberry. It doesn’t need to be defrosted. Raspberry and chocolate are the most delicious combo.
- Peanut butter – 1 or 2 teaspoons of peanut butter, drizzled on top.
You can also serve your vegan mug brownie with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream or some whipped coconut cream.
You can prepare the mug of brownie batter 24 hours before and store it in the fridge.
If you bake your mug brownie in the microwave, enjoy it within an hour to enjoy all the flavor.
More Vegan Mug Cake Recipes
If you like quick and easy vegan snacks, you’ll love these:
If you love this vegan mug brownie recipe, save it on Pinterest for later and share a picture with me on Instagram! I love to see you are making my recipes.
Your friend, Carine
Vegan Mug Brownie
Shop My Tools
- 2 tablespoons Whole-Wheat Flour - or white wheat flour or gluten-free all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar - or sugar-free crystal sweetener (erythritol or monk fruit blend)
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Almond Milk - unsweetened or plant-based milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil - melted or vegetable oil of your choice (sunflower, canola)
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips - or sugar-free vegan chocolate chips – optional
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, and unsweetened cocoa powder for 30 seconds or until evenly combined, and no lumps appear.
- Whisk in the liquid ingredients: almond milk and oil. Whisk until the brownie batter forms. It should take 30 seconds. You want to obtain a consistent brownie batter with no lumps, shiny and thick like a regular brownie batter.
- Stir in the vegan chocolate chips and transfer the brownie batter into a 9 cm (3.5 inches) oven-proof ramekin, depending on the cooking method you chose. If you like, sprinkle extra chocolate chips or raspberries (or both!) on top of the brownie before baking.
- Place the mug or ramekin in the center of your microwave, and microwave on high (800W) for 90 seconds. Otherwise, bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) for 8-12 minutes or until the brownies are set, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with little to no crumbs.
- Use oven mittens to remove the mug from the microwave or oven.
- Wait for 2 minutes before eating to avoid burning yourself.
- Enjoy plain or with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream on top.