This vegan mug brownie is the most delicious gooey brownie in a mug to fix your chocolate craving in 90 seconds!
What is a vegan mug brownie
A vegan mug brownie is an fudgy brownie recipe cooked in your microwave in 90 seconds. Also, as it is a vegan recipe meaning it’s egg free, dairy free and bonus this one is refined sugar free too !
90 seconds gooey brownie in a mug !
Where are my chocolate lovers? I can’t see better than this fudgy chocolate mug brownie to fix a chocolate craving. It is my go to recipe when the kids and hubby request a chocolate cake and I don’t feel to bake for hours. Plus, if you don’t have a microwave you can also bake this recipe in the oven, keep reading !
Oven baking option
I love to cook this chocolate mug brownie in my microwave because it takes only 90 seconds. However, I reckon that this is not the healthiest way to cook food. So, I tested the recipe in the oven too to give you both option. First, use an oven proof ramekin, I am using 9 cm (3.5 inches) diameter ramekin. Next, bake at 180C (350F) for 8-12 minutes. Finally, cool for 10 minutes in the ramekin as it is burning hot when out of the oven. Enjoy directly in the ramekin.
Mug brownies toppings ideas
There is plenty ways to enjoy this vegan mug brownie recipe and those are my favorite toppings. I recommend adding the toppings before baking your brownie
- Chocolate chips – add an extra teaspoon of vegan dark chocolate chips on top. It will melt in the oven and add the most delicious texture.
- Raspberries and chocolate chips -sprinkle few raspberries along with the chocolate chips. You can use fresh or frozen raspberry it doesn’t need to be defrosted. Raspberry and chocolate is the most delicious combo.
- Peanut butter – 1 or 2 teaspoons of peanut butter, drizzled on top.
You can also serve your vegan mug brownie with a scoop of dairy free vanilla ice cream or some whipped coconut cream.
More Vegan mug cake recipes
Your friend, Carine
Vegan mug brownie
- 2 tablespoons Whole-wheat flour - or white wheat flour or gluten free all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons Coconut sugar - or sugar free crystal sweetener (erythritol or monk fruit blend)
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Almond milk - unsweetened or plant based milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil - , melted or vegetable oil of your choice (sunflower, canola)
- 2 tablespoons Vegan dark chocolate chips - or sugar-free vegan chocolate chips – optional
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder for 30 seconds or until evenly combined and no lumps appears.
- Whisk in the liquid ingredients: almond milk and oil. Whisk until the brownie batter forms. It should take 30 seconds. You want to obtain a consistent brownie batter with no lumps, shiny and thick like a regular brownie batter.
- Stir in the vegan chocolate chips and transfer the brownie batter into a 9 cm (3.5 inches) oven-proof ramekin, depending on the cooking method you chose. If you like, sprinkle extra chocolate chips or raspberries (or both!) on top of the brownie before baking.
- Place the mug or ramekin in the center of your microwave, and microwave on high (800W) for 90 seconds. Otherwise bake in the oven at 180°C (350°F) for 8-12 minutes or until the brownie is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with little to no crumbs.
- Use oven-mitts to remove the mug from the microwave or oven.
- Wait 2 minutes before eating to avoid burning yourself.
- Enjoy plain or with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream on top.
- You can prepare the mug brownie batter 24 hours before and store in the fridge
- If you bake your mug brownie in the microwave, enjoy within an hour to enjoy all the flavor