The ultimate vegan is an eggless ready in 2 minutes in the microwave. If you are craving a fluffy , this will fix it quickly! ! This
How to make a in the microwave?
Mug cakes in the microwave are very convenient recipes to get your baking goodness fix in less than 2 minutes. To make sure your always comes out fluffy and moist, there are a few things to consider:
- Microwave power – make sure your microwave is on high power 800W. If your microwave can’t go that high, you will have to increase the baking time by 20-second bursts.
- Mug size – always use a regular size coffee mug diameter of 8cm (3 inches) and a minimum height of 5 cm (1.9 inches). If you were using a wider microwave-safe ramekin, you would have to decrease the baking time. Otherwise, the would come out dry.
- Baking time – the perfect baking time for a is 90 seconds in an 800W microwave power and regular coffee mug. However, if you have to change any of these parameters, I recommend starting baking the for only 60 seconds. Check the texture and keep baking by 20 seconds burst until the center is set, moist and fluffy. This will prevent overbaking the which often results in a chewy dry that won’t taste good.
How to make a from scratch?
There is nothing easier than making your own vegan . It is the perfect 90-second vegan to fix any sweet craving. All you need is to combine all the ingredients directly into your coffee mug.
For another way of seeing the recipe, check out my story: making the vegan vanilla mug cake!
You don’t even need to use a separate bowl, which is great! The main ingredients you need to make an eggless are:
- gluten-free blend, or white . works as well, but the batter will be more fragile and less fluffy. However, or won’t work in this , so don’t be tempted to use them! – the works with all-purpose white ,
- Unsweetened – or any you love like oat milk, or rice milk.
- – or half amount of if preferred.
- extract or essence
- or white or erythritol for a -free . I don’t recommend using or any liquid sweetener in They make too heavy and too dense.
- – or any light oil like avocado oil, almond oil. I had great success with apple sauce for an oil-free option.
Then bake your vegan in the microwave for 90 seconds at 800W. Finally, serve directly in the mug making sure you wait 1 or 2 minutes before you dig in! It is very hot in the center, and you don’t want to burn yourself.
How to serve your vegan ?
This is a light, fluffy and it truly reminds me of cupcakes. It is even better with . The best vegan ideas for that only take a few minutes to make are :
- A dollop of dairy-free coconut yogurt with a pinch of
- A drizzle of is or – my favorite
- Buttercream – beat 2 tablespoons of vegan butter with 2 tablespoons of icing and 1 teaspoon of !
- made with like coconut milk or almond milk. They are delicious, with some on top! is not a but a delicious and quick way to take your in a mug to the next level. Use
Can I bake this easy ?
Of course, using a microwave is not the perfect method for baking food as it can degrade some precious nutrients from the food. Great news, you can also bake this in the oven at 180C (350) for 10-12 minutes. Make sure to use an oven-proof ramekin!
Some ideas to boost your flavors!
You can tweak this vegan flavors using the same . Below are some ideas. a lot depending to create different
- – replace the oil with 1 tablespoon of mashed banana and add a few banana extract drops. This will also be a great option to make an oil-free
- – add 2 teaspoons of or and a splash more into the batter. This option will fix any cravings!
- – add 1 tablespoon of !
- Lemon – swap 2 tablespoon of with
- roll – add 1 teaspoon of ground
- – replace oil with 1 tablespoon of or for less saturated fat. Also, increase by 1 tablespoon!
- Protein – add 2 teaspoons of and increase the milk by 2 tablespoons. However, depending on the brand, this may dry the batter. Always add more to achieve a batter that looks like regular batter, not too dense!
More quick vegan mug cake recipes
Or, if you feel this mug cake is too small for you, try my vegan vanilla cupcake recipe instead! It serves 12 fluffy, moist vanilla cupcake ready in 30 minutes.
If you made this single-serving make sure you share a comment below and leave me a review! I love to hear your feedback and connect with you. Also, if you want to share a picture of your creation, tag me on Instagram!
I look at all your pictures, and I will reply to you!
Your friend, Carine
Vegan vanilla mug cake
- 4 tablespoons All-purpose white flour - unbleached, or whole-wheat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Coconut sugar - or white sugar or sugar-free erythritol
- 3 tablespoons Almond milk - (at room temperature) or any plant-based milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil - melted or apple sauce for the oil-free version
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- In a microwave-safe mug, add flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, almond milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla. My coffee mug has a diameter of 3 inches (8 cm) and a minimum height of 1.9 inches (5 cm). This prevents the batter from overflowing.
- Whisk the ingredients together until it forms a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Bake in the microwave for 90 seconds at 800W. If your microwave works at lower power, you may have to increase baking time by 20-second bursts. If your mug is low and wide, your mug cake will bake faster, and you may have to bake only 60 seconds first, then adjust baking by 20-second bursts as well.
- Enjoy immediately with dairy-free coconut yogurt and vegan dark chocolate chips on top or plain.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 10-12 minutes in an oven-safe greased ramekin.