This is a for breakfast. They taste like using only 8 ingredients.
We are all looking for the . One that tastes like without the hassle of making or the strong banana aftertaste of most . Here I am sharing with you the : easy, super fluffy, golden, and delicious with a drizzle of !
How to make the ?
The secret to making is to combine the dry ingredients with and .
is obtained when curdling with an acidic ingredient. It usually takes only 10 minutes for the milk to curdle and thicken. This mixture, when in contact with , creates the ever! Bonus, making your own takes only a few minutes and requires only 2 ingredients:
- – it can be , or . However, is higher in fat and provides the best texture, similar to . Note that non-dairy milk must be at room temperature to create the best buttermilk texture.
- Acidic ingredient – it can be or
The first step to making this is to prepare the as I mentioned before. Then, combine all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. You will need:
- All-purpose gives the best with this . You cannot use , or as a substitute for in this . Other options are or all-purpose gluten-free blends. However, these options make the pancakes heavier and not as fluffy. –
- or half the amount of
- – you can use coconut for a option.
The last step consists of bringing together the dry ingredients with ., and . Whisk the ingredients together to avoid lumps and form a thick
How to cook pancakes?
The best way to cook pancakes is to use a non-stick griddle or frying pan. First, heat the pan under medium heat. Then, oil the surface with or any oil like or avocado oil. Finally, scoop out the into the heated pan. It is recommended to scoop the using a measuring cup in order to make pancakes of similar sizes. As a general rule, 1/3 cup of gives you the ideal size.
The best way to serve this is to add some healthy toppings like:
- Fresh fruits – a handful of sliced bananas, blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
- – add a drizzle of one of the following on top of your stack: , almond butter, or cashew butter.
- Sweetener – the best are , rice or agave
- Other ideas are , chocolate chips, seeds, or nuts.
You can tweak this : by adding some add-ons to the
- Vegan – scoop out the batter into the pan and sprinkle some on top of the .
- 1/2 cup blueberries – fresh or frozen, add them directly into the . This option creates the most delicious
- – you can replace the in this with . It will give a light banana flavor to the pancakes and makes the oil-free.
How to store vegan pancakes?
can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge or can be frozen in silicon zip-lock bags. are by essence egg-free and dairy-free and therefore they store very well out of the fridge, at room temperature for up to 24 hours. This
Made these vegan pancake recipe? Share a picture with me on Instagram!
Your friend, Carine
Fluffy vegan pancake recipe
- 1 cup Soy milk - or unsweetened almond milk - at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar - or lemon juice
Prepare the vegan 'buttermilk'
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk soy milk with apple cider vinegar. You can use any dairy-plant milk by the pancakes are fluffier with soy milk. Set aside 10 minutes. Note: in the video the oil is added in the buttermilk step, it is up to you, you can also add it in the next step.
Prepare the pancake batter
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk in the vegan buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes while you heat the griddle.
Cooking the vegan pancakes
- Heat a large pancake griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and swirl the pan to coat.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup of pancake batter per pancake - don't cook more than 2 pancakes at a time to prevent them from spreading and sticking to each other. Cook on one side until bubbles form on the surface and the edges dry out and look set - it should take 2 or 3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook on the other side for another 2 or 3 minutes until golden-brown. Transfer to a cooling rack or plate and repeat these steps until you run out of batter.
Vegan Servings ideas
- You can serve vegan pancakes with liquid sweeteners like rice syrup, maple syrup, or agave syrup. Other tasty toppings are jam, fresh fruits, whipped coconut cream, or vegan yogurt.