This grain free granola recipe is perfect as an healthy vegan breakfast recipe. Plus, it is an easy paleo granola recipe ready in 30 minutes that meal prep 2 weeks of clean breakfast ahead !
What is a grain free granola recipe?
A grain free granola recipe is a breakfast cereal combo made without oats. It is made of nuts, seeds, coconut and unrefined sugar. It is a vegan gluten free cereal recipe, easy to make ahead to meal prep your breakfast for the week. Consequently, a it contains less carbs meaning it is a vegan keto breakfast too if you use sugar-free flavored maple syrup and omit the dried cranberries.
A vegan keto granola recipe
You know there is two opposite diet in my house, I eat keto recipes and my husband eat vegan. That is why I love to provide vegan keto recipe option on this blog. There is nothing easier than making this recipe keto friendly. Let’s have a look at the ingredients list to see the one you should swap.
- Nuts – the nuts used in this recipe, sliced almonds and pecan, are low in natural sugar and perfect on a keto vegan diet to add healthy fat
- Seeds – pepitas, chia seeds and flaxmeal are 100 % keto approved and high in fiber and protein.
- Coconut oil – keto approved!
- Liquid sweetener – that is where you have to be very careful! Maple syrup contains sugar and therefore you can’t use it for this recipe. Otherwise Monk fruit syrup with maple flavor will be perfect. It contains zero carbs and barely no calories.
- Dried cranberries contains lots of sugar, simply omit or replace by freeze dried raspberry for no-added sugar dry fruit option.
An easy grain free granola recipe
This is so easy to make a large batch of this cereal recipe with less than 10 ingredients. Plus, it store very well in the pantry for up to 2 weeks. Let’s have a look at the ingredients you need to make this delicious crunchy granola clusters.
How to serve your granola recipe?
This vegan granola makes a delicious healthy breakfast. It is absolutely divine served with coconut milk or almond milk. You will love the crunchy sweet clusters of nuts and seeds dipped in cold milk. However, you can also pack this recipe in a small container for an healthy snack or post work out snack with 7 grams of protein per serve. It is delicious on its own and very nutritious.
Your friend, Carine.
Grain Free Granola Recipe
Vegan Paleo add-on
- 1 cup Cranberries – dried – don't use if keto vegan
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Line a large baking tray (or two medium size tray) with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Stir vigorously to evenly combine all the ingredients together.
- In another bowl, add the coconut oil, maple syrup and ground cinnamon.
- Microwave until the coconut oil is melted. Otherwise, add those ingredients into a saucepan and warm under medium heat until the coconut oil is melted.
- Pour the liquid ingredients onto the dry ingredients. Stir for about 1 minute to make sure all the ingredients are covered with the liquids.
- Transfer the cereals onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Make sure you stir the mixture every 5 minutes, especially on the sides of the tray (it cooks faster on the borders)
- The cereals are cooked when it is golden, fragrant and crispy.
- Remove the tray from the oven and cool entirely in the baking tray. It usually take 1 hour. You can place the tray next to an open window to cool faster.
- The cereals will get crispy and form cluster while it cool down. Stir in the dried cranberry or omit this step if you are on keto vegan diet.
- Store your cereals for up to 3 weeks in the pantry in a glass mason jar.
- This recipe makes 18 cups of granola and serve 18 breakfasts. I recommend a regular breakfast serve of 1/3 cup of granola with 1/2 cup of plant-based milk like almond milk or coconut milk.
- Maple syrup contains sugar and it is not keto friendly. However, you can replace maple syrup by Monk fruit Sugar-free Syrup. It is sugar-free, vegan and it will add the same sweet flavor to the granola.
- Dried fruits contains sugar, don’t add the cranberries if you are on keto vegan diet. You can replace by dried freeze raspberry if desired for a low sugar fruit.