This vegan chocolate avocado mousse is an easy healthy avocado dessert made with only 5 ingredients. Plus, it is refined sugar free dessert using nutrient dense Medjool dates.
What’s a vegan chocolate avocado mousse?
Vegan chocolate avocado mousse are healthy chocolate desserts made of ripe avocado, dairy-free milk or cream, unsweetened cocoa powder and unrefined sweetener.
Easy 5 ingredient avocado dessert
This avocado chocolate mousse is an easy 5 ingredients recipe ready in 10 minutes. All you need is a blender or food processor and a bunch of wholesome ingredients.
- Ripe avocado, simply press the avocado, if it firm it is unripe. It must be soft but not mushy
- Canned coconut milk make sure you use canned coconut milk, light or regular. It has no additives and a higher fat content than packaged coconut milk. Therefore it create the most beautiful creamy texture.
- Medjool dates, compared to regular dates those have a rich, soft, chewy texture with a caramel flavor.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder this adds the chocolate flavor of your mousse without adding sugar
- Vanilla extract
Note for the sweet tooth! You can adjust the sweetness by adding 1 o 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in the recipe.
Chocolate avocado mousse : a nutrients dense dessert
Nutrients is another great reason to use avocado in desserts. Indeed, apart from its amazing creamy texture avocado contains than 20 vitamins and nutrients! Calories in avocado are moderate with 160 kcal per 100 grams including 15 grams of healthy fat and 7 grams of fiber for an healthy gut. Plus, medjool dates adds lots of potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6. So don’t wait more and try some avocado dessert you won’t regret it.
More avocado dessert
It is amazing all the healthy vegan desserts you can make with avocado. I recommend you try my avocado mint chocolate popsicles , a fresh creamy ice cream ready in 10 minutes!
Enjoy the lovely chocolate avocado mousse and don’t forget to share this recipe on Pinterest to save it for later!
Your friend, Carine
- Place the dates into a mixing bowl and cover with hot water – thick bath temperature. Soak for 10 minutes then drain. Discard the water.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- In a blender add avocado flesh, canned coconut cream, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract and soaked dates.
- Blend on high speed until creamy and smooth. It should not take more than 1 minute. If necessary, stop the blender after 30 seconds, scrape down the sides of the jug to make sure that all the ingredients come back in the center, process again.
- Transfer the mousse into 4 dessert ramekin and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- Serve with crushed pistachios or coconut.
- Store up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Can be freeze into ice cube tray and enjoyed as frozen snack!