Chocolate Banana Strawberry Smoothie
Learn how to make a thick, creamy chocolate banana strawberry smoothie to start the day packed with nutrients.
Plus, this healthy chocolate banana smoothie without milk or yogurt contains 7 grams of fiber and 3.8 grams of protein to keep you full for longer.
How To Make Chocolate Banana Strawberry Smoothie
This chocolate banana smoothie is packed with simple, nutritious ingredients: healthy fat, fiber, and protein.
It means that you can drink this smoothie as a fulfilling vegan snack or vegan breakfast shake!
Let’s see what you need to make this strawberry banana smoothie without yogurt or milk, because yes, it is a vegan smoothie!
- Frozen strawberries – frozen fruits make smoothies creamier, and strawberry marries very well with chocolate.
- Ripe banana – for natural sweetness and extra creamy texture. The ripest the fruit, the sweeter the smoothie will be.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk, or any plant-based milk you love.
- Ripe avocado – it adds healthy fat and gives the most creamy thick texture to the smoothie!
- Dates – for an extra boost of sweetness while adding magnesium, potassium, iron, and vitamin B6. I used small Deglet Nour dates. Medjool dates are larger!
- Chia Seeds – for extra protein and fiber.
The good thing with smoothies is that you can play with their ingredients.
For example, you can add greens like spinach or kale to this recipe to sneak some extra veggies into your day.
But in general, I recommend keeping the same ratio of frozen ingredients to liquid to get a perfect consistency.
- Vegetables – add kale, spinach, or cucumber.
- Seeds – add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, flax seeds, and hemp seeds.
- Nut or seed butter – add 1 tablespoon of almond butter, peanut butter, or sunflower seed butter.
Chocolate Banana Smoothie Nutrition
Do you love dessert for breakfast? This chocolate banana smoothie is creamy as chocolate pudding, very satisfying, and therefore tastes like dessert.
Don’t get me wrong here. It still is the best healthy breakfast shake or post-workout drink. In fact, one serving of this strawberry chocolate smoothie brings you:
- 3.8g protein
- 8g fiber
- Only natural sugar from fruits
More Vegan Chocolate Avocado Recipes
Avocado is the best ingredient to add creamy thick texture to desserts without using yogurt or milk. For the chocolate and avocado lovers, I recommend you also try:
More Smoothie Recipes
If you like easy, healthy smoothies, you’ll love these recipes:
Have you tried this healthy chocolate smoothie? Share a picture with me on Instagram!
Chocolate Banana Strawberry Smoothie
- ½ cup Strawberries - frozen
- 1 Banana - small and sliced
- ½ Avocado - small (1/4 cup mashed avocado)
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 4-6 Deglet Noor Dates - soft pitted OR 2 medjool dates or 4 stevia drops or 2 sugar free erythritol
- 1 cup Coconut Milk - unsweetened or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Strawberries - fresh
- 1 tablespoon Dark Chocolate - or cocoa nibs
- Add all ingredients into the blender. The order doesn't matter. Start with 4 small Deglet Noor dates. You can adjust later if you want a sweeter smoothie!
- Blend until smooth. If it's too thick, this may happen if your banana is larger, add a splash more of unsweetened coconut milk, up to 1/4 cup extra. Blend between each addition. The more milk you add, the more liquid it will be. So don't add too much, or you will lose the thick silky texture.
- Taste the smoothie. If not sweet enough, add 2 more dates, blend to combine.
- Serve as 2 small smoothies or 1 large breakfast smoothie.
- You can store the smoothie in the fridge for 24 hours in an airtight jug or into glasses sealed on top. Give a good stir before serving as the ingredients can separate and form layers.
- Freeze in popsicle molds to make creamy vegan chocolate popsicles!