No bake almond butter cookies are soft melt-in-your mouth vegan no bake cookies with only 1.9 g net carbs. A delicious summer treat ready in 15 minutes with only 4 ingredients.
You know my passion for no bake desserts – no bake peanut butter cookies or avocado chocolate mousse all of those are my favorite. You requested no bake cookies without peanut butter so here we are! Those no bake almond butter cookies can be made with homemade or store bought almond butter. It is up to you to make your own but I personally like to make my own almond butter as it is much cheaper (and tastier!)
How to make homemade almond butter for almond butter cookies ?
First, you need a powerful blender or food processor. Then add enough almonds to fully cover the blade – I recommend at least 4 cups of almonds. Finally, blend/process on high speed until it turns into almond butter. Note that the process will be faster if you have a high speed Kitchenaid or Vitamix blender. Those contains a long stick that allow you to blend the nuts while they blend. They will turn almonds into almond butter in less than 2 minutes. However, if you are using a food processor it will take around 5-8 minutes. You will need to stop your food processor every 1 minutes, scrape down the side of the bowl to bring back the almonds in the center. Process again and repeat this until the smooth spread forms.
5 ingredients no bake vegan cookies
So this healthy no bake cookie recipe use 5 simple ingredients:
- Almond butter – I used homemade almond butter, fresh and runny
- Liquid sweetener – I like to test many options for you. The recipe works perfectly with either sugar-free maple flavored Monk fruit syrup or regular maple syrup.
- Almond flour – use fine blanched almond flour for perfect result. Almond meal contains much fiber and tends to dry out the cookies
- Flaxmeal – it is an amazing addition to no bake vegan cookies to boost your intakes in omega3-fatty acids, calcium and potassium. Plus, it is a very low carb flour perfect if you are on vegan keto diet too.
- Stevia drops – this is optional but you can adjust the sweetness of your no bake cookies with few vanilla stevia drops. It also adds a lovely vanilla flavor without adding sugar or alcohol to your cookies
A chewy, soft melt-in-your mouth cookie!
No bake cookies are soft, sticky and chewy by definition. Bu this no bake almond butter cookie has the most delicious texture close to sticky marzipan. I love the balance of crunchy chocolate shell and moist dough. Of course, it is up to you to add the shell the recipe works perfectly with the 4 base ingredients.
I hope you enjoyed this simple no bake almond butter cookies recipe, if so save it for later on Pinterest !
Watch the recipe video and make the cookies now !
Your friend, Carine
No bake almond butter
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add the almond butter, sweetener, almond flour and flaxmeal.
- Combine with a spoon at first then knead vigorously with your hands until it forms a soft cookie dough. The dough is very sticky at first, that is normal, keep kneading the dough to acitvate the flaxmeal fiber. They will aborb the moisture and after 1 minute you will be able t form a soft cookie dough ball, slightly sticky, shiny but not dry.
- Taste the dough and adjust the sweetness with stevia drops if desired. I recommend vanilla stevia drops to add a lovely vanilla flavor. Make sure you knead the dough again for at least 30 seconds to evenly incorporate the stevia drops into the dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls of same size.
- Place each balls onto a plate covered with parchment paper leaving 1 thumb space between each balls.
- Flatten the balls with your hand palm and repeat for each cookie.
- Place the plate into the freezer for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Meanwhile melt some sugar free chocolate chips. You can either use a microwave or a saucepan.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer and dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate. Return the cookie to the plate after you dipped into the chocolate. If you like, sprinkle crushed roasted almond onto the melted chocolate for extra crunch.
- Repeat until all the cookies are decorated.
- Place the plate back into the freezer for 2-5 minutes of until the shell is set.
- Those are no bake cookies and must be stored in the fridge or they get soft and sticky. Store them in a silicon bag or airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- You can freeze the cookies and defrost at room temperature for 3-4 hours before eating or eat them half frozen for a fresh treat.