Cookie dough balls are almond flour edible cookie dough bites made with 5 simple ingredients. An healthy vegan snack rich in protein and fiber.
How to enjoy cookie dough balls
We all crave sweet cookie dough at some point right? Good news, those energy bites are not only delicious but also a good afternoon snack or post work out refuel ! In fact, those easy cookie dough balls contains all the healthy stuff you need to boost your energy and satisfy your hunger through the day. One reasonable serve of 2 balls will bring you.
- only 216 kcal
- healthy monounsaturated fats from nuts
- plant based protein – 2 balls gets you 5.8 g protein which is very fulfilling
- fiber – 2.4 g fiber to keep you full and good for your gut health
- no refined sugar
5 ingredients cookie dough balls recipe
There is nothing easier than making almond flour edible cookie dough balls. All you need are:
- Peanut butter – fresh, no sugar added, no oil added
- Maple syrup or liquid sweetener of your choice like agave syrup, brown rice syrup (lower GI) or coconut syrup
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour – it adds a lovely crumbly cookie dough texture. I recommend adding coconut flour gradually 1 tablespoon at a time, up to 2 tablespoons. I love to add 2 tablespoons but you may prefer the dough smoother and add only 1 tablespoon
- Vegan dark chocolate chips – there is plenty brand of vegan chocolate chips check the ingredients list to make sure it contains only plant-based ingredients or use chopped 70% cark chocolate, it is usually dairy free!
How to store raw snacks ?
Those raw balls store very well in the pantry in a cookie ja for up to 5 days. However if it is hot where you live I recommend placing the balls in an airtight container in the fridge. They harden in the fridge but they will store up to 2 weeks! You can also freeze raw snacks and defrost 1 hour before or eat them frozen!
More raw vegan snacks recipe
Raw vegan recipe are easy, quick recipe to make ahead plenty of healthy snacks. I recommend you try also my
- No bake peanut butter cookies – an easy 3 ingredients no bake cookie full of protein
- Pumpkin energy balls – energy bites loaded with vegetables and fall spices
- No bake brownies
Watch the recipe video to make them now !
Enjoy those cookie dough balls and don’t forget to share a picture of your creation with me on instagram!
Your friend, Carine
Cookie dough balls
- In a small mixing bowl, combine creamy peanut butter (make sure it is fresh and oily or the balls will be very dry!) and maple syrup until it forms a creamy paste.
- Stir in almond flour, coconut flour and vegan chocolate chips. Use the spoon at first then use your hands to squeeze and knead the batter for 30 seconds and form a large dough ball. The dough is very soft, shiny and dry out as go as the coconut flour fiber absorb the liquid.
- Divide the dough into 16 small cookie dough balls. Roll the balls between your hand palms to shape lovely round balls.
- Store at room temperature in a box up to 3 days or if it is hot where you live (or want to store those longer), place them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight box. The balls gets harder and dryer in the fridge but still delicious.