Cookie dough balls are almond flour edible cookie dough bites made with 5 simple ingredients. A healthy vegan snack rich in protein and fiber.
How to enjoy cookie dough balls
We all crave sweet cookie dough at some point right? Good news, these energy bites are not only delicious but also a good afternoon snack or post workout refuel! In fact, these easy cookie dough balls contain all the healthy stuff you need to boost your energy and satisfy your hunger throughout the day. One reasonable serve of 2 balls will bring you.
- only 216 kcal
- healthy monounsaturated fats from nuts
- plant-based protein – 2 balls get you 5.8g protein which is very fulfilling
- fiber – 2.4g of fiber to keep you full and good for your gut health
- no refined sugar
5-ingredient cookie dough ball recipe
There’s nothing easier than making almond flour edible cookie dough balls. All you need is:
- Peanut butter – fresh, no sugar added, no oil added.
- Maple syrup or liquid sweetener of your choice like agave syrup, brown rice syrup (lower GI) or coconut syrup.
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour – it adds a lovely crumbly cookie dough texture. I recommend adding coconut flour gradually 1 tablespoon at a time, up to 2 tablespoons. I love to add 2 tablespoons but you may prefer the dough smoother then only add 1 tablespoon.
- Vegan dark chocolate chips – there are plenty of brands of vegan chocolate chips, check the ingredient list to make sure yours contains only plant-based ingredients or use at least 70% dark chocolate, it’s usually dairy free!
How to store raw snacks?
These raw balls store very well in the pantry in a cookie jar for up to 5 days. However if it’s hot where you live I recommend placing the balls in an airtight container in the fridge. They harden in the fridge but they will store up to 2 weeks! You can also freeze raw snacks and defrost 1 hour before or eat them frozen!
More raw vegan snack recipes
Raw, vegan recipes are easy, quick recipes to make ahead plenty of healthy snacks. I recommend you also try my following favorites:
Watch the recipe video to make them now!
Enjoy these cookie dough balls and don’t forget to share a picture of your creation with me on Instagram!
Your friend, Carine
Cookie dough balls
- In a small mixing bowl, combine creamy peanut butter (make sure it is fresh and oily or the balls will be very dry!) and maple syrup until it forms a creamy paste.
- Stir in almond flour, coconut flour and vegan chocolate chips. Use the spoon at first then use your hands to squeeze and knead the batter for 30 seconds and form a large dough ball. The dough is very soft, shiny and dry out as go as the coconut flour fiber absorb the liquid.
- Divide the dough into 16 small cookie dough balls. Roll the balls between your hand palms to shape lovely round balls.
- Store at room temperature in a box up to 3 days or if it is hot where you live (or want to store these longer), place them in the fridge for up to 2 weeks in an airtight box. The balls get harder and dryer in the fridge but still delicious.