Peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies is a 3 ingredient oatmeal banana cookie perfect for breakfast. Plus, those vegan banana oatmeal cookies have no added sugar and they are kids friendly.
You know my passion for 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. I already shared two of them lately that I invite you to check out :
- no bake peanut butter cookies – a melt in your mouth no bake cookie ready in 10 minutes
- 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies – a crunchy buttery vegan peanut butter cookie
3 ingredient banana cookies
Say hello to my new 3 ingredients cookie recipe, a delicious vegan banana oatmeal cookies for busy mornings. Those are soft peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies , slightly sweet and ready in 20 minutes. You will love that the ingredients are very basic and that you probably have them in the pantry to try the recipe now.
Let’s see what you need.
- Ripe banana – I am talking about those banana with dark spot on the skin and almost dark inside. They are the one you need to make those cookies without adding any sweetener
- Peanut butter – use natural peanut butter with no added oil, no added sugar or salt
- Instant oat also called rolled oats in New Zealand – you need the thin and finely chopped grains, not the large one or the cookie will be too dry
Peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies – many flavors possible !
Those 3 ingredient cookies with banana are very easy to adapt to create a range of cookie flavors.
My favorite flavors are:
Classic, 3 ingredients banana peanut butter
Simple 3 ingredients banana peanut butter cookies
Carrot cake cookies
add few simple ingredients like grated carrots, raisins and walnuts. It results in a delicious banana carrot cake cookie !
Chocolate zucchini cookies
Add unsweetened cocoa powder, vegan chocolate chips, pumpkin seeds and grated zucchini are excellent together into those 3 ingredient banana cookies
Super seeds cookies
Add chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seed, coconut and cranberries. This will transform those simple 3 ingredients banana cookies into the most healthy vegan breakfast cookies
Healthy banana cookies – no sugar added
Those are healthy peanut butter cookies without added sweetener. They are naturally sweetened with ripe banana which means no added sugar ! Obviously, if you have a very sweet tooth it is ok to add few drops of stevia in your batter to enhance the sweetness of your healthy banana cookies.
The best breakfast oatmeal cookies
Those are absolutely perfect for breakfast on the go. They are full of healthy complex carbs, fiber and protein to bring energy all morning.
Watch the recipe video and follow me on Youtube for more vegan recipes videos !
Your friend, Carine
Peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies 4 ways
- 1 medium ripe banana , black spots on the skin, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter no added oil, no added sugar
- 1 1/4 cup instant rolled oats or quick oats, plain, no added sugar (130g)
Carrot Cake adds-on
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 4 tablespoon dried raisins (20 g)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts chopped (28g)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional, if banana not ripe enough
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla stevia drops - add if your banana are not ripe/sweet enough
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Line a cookies sheet with parchment paper, slightly oil the paper if needed to prevent the cookies to stick to the paper. Set aside.
- Mash the ripe banana on a flat surface, measure exactly the amount called by the recipe, and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in peanut butter and instant rolled oats until it forms a sticky cookie batter. Adjust the sweetness with stevia drops if needed especially if the banana are not ripe enough.
- You can now choose to add any of the adds-on you like following the recipes ideas suggested above or add nothing, and cook the cookies with those 3 ingredients.
- Form 8 cookie dough balls
- Place each cookie dough ball onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies with your hand palm. Leave 1 thumb space between cookies even if they won't expand during baking it make it easier to remove them from the tray later.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on the sides.
- Cool on a cookie rack for 20 minutes or until it reach room temperature. The sweetness and flavor increase when the cookies are cool. If not sweet enough after baking drizzle some melted vegan dark chocolate on top !
- Store at room temperature for 3 days in a cookie jar or zip bags.
- Can be frozen and defrost the day before.