Coconut overnight oats are the best easy healthy vegan breakfast to meal prep for your busy morning week. Plus, it’s a recipe ready in 5 minutes that is of course dairy free but also gluten free.
Coconut overnight Oats – a healthy breakfast
This coconut overnight oats is the easiest healthy breakfast you can get on a vegan diet. Indeed, oats are full of protein, fiber and complex carbs that keep you full and energized for hours. The texture is amazingly creamy, smooth and delicious, topped with tropical fruits and melted chocolate. All you need to make delicious coconut overnight oats are 4 simple ingredients:
- Steel cut oats – the ones you regularly use for porridge.
- Coconut milk – I recommend canned coconut milk, it’s pure and natural, no additives or thickeners added.
- Maple syrup – or stevia drops if you watch sugar. You can also use any liquid sweetener you love like date syrup, agave syrup or brown rice syrup.
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut – this adds the most delicious coconut flavor, don’t skip it!
Topping ideas for your vegan overnight oats bowl
There are plenty of options to add texture and flavor to your coconut overnight oats. Below are my two favorite vegan breakfast toppings that I serve at home.
- Tropical – sliced banana, mango or papaya with melted vegan chocolate drizzle.
- Peanut butter berry – add a handful of raspberries and blueberries, fresh or defrosted and drizzle a generous amount of peanut butter on top with crushed peanuts.
More easy healthy vegan breakfast recipe ideas
If you love easy healthy breakfast vegan recipes to start the day, I got you covered. Check out the recipes below and you will feel great every morning.
Your friend, Carine
Coconut Overnights Oats
- Stir all the ingredients together into a large bowl or glass mason jar.
- Seal the jar or bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the next day with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate, mango slices, fresh coconut meat or any toppings you love.
- Store up to 3 days in the fridge in a sealed glass mason jar.