Coconut overnight oats are the best easy healthy vegan breakfast to meal prep for your busy morning week.
Plus, it’s a recipe ready in 5 minutes that is, of course, dairy-free but also gluten-free.
What Are Coconut Overnight Oats?
Overnight Oats with coconut milk are the coconut version of my classic overnight oats recipe.
It’s made with coconut milk and topped with desiccated coconut for a delicious plant-based breakfast.
How To Make Overnight Oats With Coconut Milk
These coconut overnight oats are the easiest healthy breakfast you can get on a vegan diet.
Indeed, oats are full of protein, fiber, and complex carbs that keep you full and energized for hours.
The texture is amazingly creamy, smooth, and delicious, topped with tropical fruits and melted chocolate.
All you need to make delicious coconut overnight oats are 4 simple ingredients:
- Steel-cut oats – the ones you regularly use for porridge.
- Coconut milk – I recommend canned coconut milk. It’s pure and natural, with no additives or thickeners added.
- Maple syrup – or stevia drops if you watch the sugar. You can also use any liquid sweetener you love, like date syrup, agave syrup, or brown rice syrup.
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut – this adds the most delicious coconut flavor, don’t skip it!
There are plenty of options to add texture and flavor to your coconut overnight oats.
Below are my two favorite vegan breakfast toppings that I serve at home.
- Tropical – sliced banana, mango, or papaya with melted vegan chocolate drizzle.
- Peanut butter berry – add a handful of raspberries and blueberries, fresh or defrosted, and drizzle a generous amount of peanut butter on top with crushed peanuts.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
If you love easy healthy breakfast vegan recipes to start the day, I got you covered. Check out the recipes below, and you will feel great every morning.
Your friend, Carine
Coconut Overnight Oats
- Stir all the ingredients together into a large bowl or glass mason jar.
- Seal the jar or bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve the next day with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate, mango slices, fresh coconut meat, or any toppings you love.
- Store up to 3 days in the fridge in a sealed glass mason jar.