This avocado popsicle recipe is easy to make in 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients. Bonus, it is a keto vegan recipe 100 % sugar free and loaded with healthy omega-3 fat. A delicious vegan mint ice cream with crunchy dark chocolate shell.
I love this time of the year, avocado are back in store and I couldn’t resist buying a pack of 10 avocados from a local producer. Obviously, this is too much for our little family. Especially because avocado always ripe all at the same time. Consequently, you have a fairly small time frame to make the most of it. So after eating tons of homemade guacamole I had to come up with something else. So avocado popsicle it is!
What’s an avocado popsicle ?
An avocado popsicle is a creamy frozen vegan dessert made of ripe avocado, dairy-free milk and sweetener. You can make many avocado popsicle flavors like chocolate avocado, lime avocado or mint avocado. In this recipe I will provide the measurement for a avocado lime popsicle or avocado mint chocolate popsicle. Choose your favorite or make both !
Avocado ice cream a keto vegan dessert
You will never believe that the lovely color of this avocado ice cream comes naturally from ripe avocado.
In fact, this recipe contains only 5 wholesome ingredients that all vegan, sugar-free for a delicious healthy summer treat.
- Ripe avocado, this the key ingredient to make tasty avocado ice cream. If there is any black spot on the flesh, remove them to avoid a bitter flavor
- Coconut milk, I recommend full-fat canned coconut milk as packet coconut milk has often additives
- Sugar-free monk fruit syrup is a natural keto vegan sweetener that I love as I eat sugar free. However any other liquid sweetener will work well in this recipe. The best vegan unrefined liquid sweetener are maple syrup or brown rice syrup.
- Peppermint essence or lime juice the great thing about this avocado popsicle recipe is that you can great different flavors! Chose your favorite mint or lime !
- Dark chocolate the shell is delicious with the mint flavor. It simply made of melted coconut oil and sugar-free chocolate chips but you can also use 70% vegan dark chocolate if you don’t watch the carbs and sugar.
Tips to store frozen avocado recipes
Frozen avocado recipes store very well in the freezer if made in a popsicle mold. Avocado ice cream are usually non churn ice cream. It means it doesn’t required an ice cream maker to make them. Consequently, if you freeze your avocado ice cream in large batch or box it tend to freeze like ice, create crystals and it becomes very difficult to scoop. We recommend avocado popsicle shapes to enjoy all the smooth, creamy texture of this mint avocado ice cream.
Enjoy the frozen treat and don’t forget to Pin the recipe below to save it for later !
Your friend, Carine
- Cut, the ripe avocados in half, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Place the avocado flesh into a blender (or food processor with the ‘S’ blade attachment). Add the coconut milk, syrup of your choice, peppermint essence (or lime juice depending on the flavor you want to make)
- Blend on high speed until creamy and smooth.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the peppermint or lime juice flavor to your taste, adding more to enhance the flavor if desired.
- Divide the avocado ice-cream mixture into 6 popsicle moulds. Place a popsicle stick in
the centre or each and-freeze overnight.
- The next day, cover a plate with baking paper. Set aside and prepare the chocolate dipping sauce. Warm the coconut oil and dark chocolate on a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. Stir frequently until it is fully liquid. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder. Set aside in a bowl.
- Remove the popsicles from the-freezer. Unmould them by quickly dipping the plastic moulds into warm water for about 20 seconds, then pull the popsicle out of the mould.
- Immediately dip a popsicles into the chocolate sauce. Hold it over the bowl for a few seconds, head down, to drain off any extra chocolate sauce — as the popsicles are frozen and the
sauce is lukewarm the chocolate coating should form very quickly.
- Place the popsicle onto the plate covered with baking paper. Repeat with the remaining
popsicles and then place the plate in the-freezer for about 20 minutes until
the chocolate coating hardens fully.
- Store the popsicles in an airtight container in the-freezer up to 3 month.