This easy 5-ingredient Mango smoothie to refreshing summer with the most delicious creamy texture and is 100% dairy-free for a simple cold mango drink.
What Is Mango Smoothie?
Mango smoothies are classically made with dairy products such as milk and Greek yogurt.
As a result, the classic recipe is not dairy-free or vegan-friendly.
Our take on the Mango Smoothie uses only plant-based ingredients for a delicious vegan summer refresher.
How To Make Mango Smoothie
Making Mango Smoothie is super easy and you only need to use a blender. No need for a centrifuge or electric juicer.
- Frozen Mango – You can also use fresh mango, or even better, freeze your own freshly cut mango flesh. If you use fresh mango at room temperature, I recommend adding a few ice cubes.
- Coconut Milk – My favorite plant-based milk in this recipe is unsweetened coconut milk as it adds delicious tropical flavors but you can also use other non-dairy milk such as oat milk, cashew milk, or almond milk that all have a milder taste.
- Coconut Yogurt – Again, coconut yogurt brings the tropics to your glass, but you can also use any plant-based yogurt you love.
- Lemon Juice – Lemon juice adds some tanginess to the mango smoothie. If you don’t have lemon juice, you can use orange juice.
- Frozen Banana – The combination of mango and banana delivers the absolute best texture. If you don’t have any bananas, you can opt for frozen slices of pineapple.
Making The Mango Smoothie
Like other smoothie recipes, this mango smoothie is super straightforward to make.
All it takes is a blender and two minutes of your time.
Combine all the ingredients in the jug of a high-speed blender and blend for about a minute.
You can adjust the consistency of your mango smoothie by adding more mango or bananas if you want to make it thicker.
Alternatively, add more coconut milk to make it thinner.
If you want to supercharge your mango smoothie, consider adding the following to the blender:
- Vanilla Seeds – I highly recommended vanilla pods for a boost of flavor.
- Ice Cubes – for a frothier texture or if you have fresh fruits.
- Maple Syrup – or any sweetener you love to boost sweetness. Avoid honey as it’s not vegan.
- Protein Powder – If you’re drinking this after a workout, you can pour a scoop of a mild-flavored plant-based protein powder such as vanilla peanut protein.
This healthy drink is best served with some toppings floating in the glass.
I love adding the following:
- Coconut Flakes
- Fresh Mango Cubes
- Mint Leaves
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this mango smoothie is made with 100% dairy-free and vegan ingredients.
One cup of mangoes weighs about 165 grams, which is conveniently about the weight of a whole mango without the peel and pit.
The very best variety of mango for eating and smoothies are the Alphonso Mangos. You can buy them when they’re in season, cut them, and store the chunks in the freezer.
Mango is a nutrient-rich fruit that may contribute to preventing diabetes, boosting the immune system, improving digestion, and it may even lower the risk of certain cancers (*).
Yes, you can add other fruits to the blender such as raspberries or strawberries to make a strawberry mango smoothie.
It’s always better to eat fresh fruit than anything processed so the best option is to freeze your own freshly-cut mangos after removing the pit.
Alternatively, you can use fresh mango flesh with ice cubes, or frozen mangos.
Other tropical fruits are the best match to mango: banana, pineapple, kiwi, and dragon fruit but also strawberry, orange, and raspberry.
More Mango Recipes
If you like simple, easy recipes with mango, you’ll love these:
- 1 cup Frozen Mango
- ½ cup Almond Milk - or coconut milk
- ¼ cup Coconut Yogurt
- ½ small Frozen Banana
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla - or vanilla extract
- ½ cup Ice Cubes
- 1-2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- Add all ingredients to the jug of a blender and blend on high speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add ice cubes for a frothier texture or more milk to thin out. Boost the sweetness by adding liquid sweetener.
- Serve immediately.