Merry Christmas, everyone! I’ve gathered for you a selection of my favorite vegan Christmas Breakfast Recipes, perfect for plant-based food lovers or egg-free and dairy-free family members.
There recipes are so good that even your non-vegan relatives will ask for more!
There’s nothing better on Christmas morning than a homemade vegan breakfast or brunch to share with the family.
Plus, baking as a family on Christmas morning in your Christmas pajamas is a real bonding activity. I love having my kids around me, helping me make vegan French toast or vegan crepes. French people are all into sweet breakfast recipes, but here I also have some delicious vegan savory breakfasts like my popular tofu scramble egg or chickpea flour omelet.
I split these easy vegan breakfast recipes into four categories because we all have different expectations when it comes to breakfast.
- Classic Vegan Christmas Breakfast
- Healthy Vegan Breakfast
- Gluten-Free Vegan Breakfast
- Vegan Breakfast Drinks
I hope you find a vegan breakfast recipe you enjoy on this list. Don’t hesitate to comment below to let me know what you bake!
But first, let me answer some of the most classic questions I have about vegan breakfast recipe.
Best Flavors For Christmas Breakfast
The best breakfast on Christmas morning should be comforting, with cozy round flavors, like fall flavors, or red, white, and green colors. So it needs to use any of the following:
- Cinnamon Apples
- Vanilla, ginger, cloves,
- Berries like Strawberry, cherry, blueberries
- Potatoes, or green vegetables like zucchinis
- Pumpkin and pumpkin spices
- Walnuts and pecans
- Banana and cinnamon
Tips To Meal Prep Christmas Breakfast
It’s often very convenient to meal prep your Christmas breakfasts, so here are some expert tips to meal prep breakfast and store them to taste good.
- Raised dough – for vegan cinnamon rolls or brioche, I recommend baking them ahead. These recipes require 1 or 2 hours to cool down before serving, plus a few hours of preparation, so they can’t be made on Christmas morning.
- Waffles, pancakes, and crepes batter – these are quick and easy to make on Christmas morning. But you can make these batters ahead if they don’t contain fruit purees like banana or pumpkin. Store the batter in an airtight container in the fridge overnight. If the batter thickens, this can happen with coconut flour or buckwheat flour, add a splash of dairy-free milk in the morning to thin it out.
- Muffins, breakfast cakes, and bread – my vegan coffee cake is the ultimate sweet breakfast casserole to serve a crowd. It’s easy to bake in the morning, and like vegan muffins or vegan banana bread, they don’t need to cool down too long to bake served, and they even taste good warm. But they are perfect to bake ahead. You can bake them up to 3 days before Christmas. Store them in a sealed box in the fridge, and bring them to room temperature a few hours before breakfast. You can rewarm muffins or bread slices in a toaster oven for a few minutes to bring back the smell of homemade fresh baking to your kitchen.
Have a lovely Christmas morning full of love and Santa’s presents to unpack.
Classic Vegan Christmas Breakfast
These Christmas vegan breakfast recipes require a bit more time to prepare, and some are probably better to make the day before Christmas. But, in this category I can guarantee you will bring to your breakfast table a cozy breakfast, that taste like classic baking and nobody will believe it’s vegan.
It includes the most classic Christmas breakfast like my vegan cinnamon rolls, vegan crepes, vegan waffles, or vegan muffins.
These are perfect to:
- Gather a large family around the table
- Easy to double up or make in large batch
- Cosy and heart-warming
Most of these recipes use all-purpose flour, sugar, oil or vegan butter and they are great bonding baking activities on Christmas holidays to bake as a family.
Healthy Christmas Vegan Breakfast
I hear you, Christmas dinner can be heavy, and you sometimes feel stuffed the next morning. If you are after a healthy vegan breakfast on Christmas morning, one that fills you up with fiber proteins and tastes good, I’ve got you covered.
All my healthy Christmas breakfasts are made with wholesome ingredients that are easy to digest after a large Christmas dinner. They are mostly made from ingredients like rolled oats, maple syrup, almond milk, chia seeds, or peanut butter. They are also:
- Refined sugar-free
- High fiber
Pick my 3-ingredient banana oatmeal pancakes, healthy banana waffles, or bring a large batch of strawberry-baked oatmeal to your table.
Vegan Gluten-Free Breakfast
All these vegan breakfasts are made with gluten-free flour like chickpea flour, buckwheat flour, or all-purpose gluten-free flour. It also includes savory options and delicious gluten-free baked goods.
Vegan Breakfast Drinks
Some people love coffee in the morning, but others love smoothies or juices. Below are some of my favorite homemade Christmas breakfast drinks I brought to the table and shared with my family.