You won’t believe that these 45+ vegan snacks for kids are also the ones that picky eaters love!
Vegan doesn’t mean boring food. On the contrary, most vegan snacks are fun for kids to eat and often more appreciated than regular kids’ snacks!
What are vegan snacks for kids?
Vegan snacks for kids are healthy and nutritious small meals made without eggs, dairy, meat, or fish.
How to prepare healthy vegan snacks for kids?
Kids don’t like to sit at the table, and they would rather snack all day if they can. That’s why we should see snacks as an opportunity to add nutrients to their body that help them grow happily.
On a vegan diet, kids get their calcium, proteins, and nutrient from plants. So to make a complete and healthy vegan snack for kids, try to include at least 3 of the food groups below:
- Vegetables – raw, cooked, or hidden in muffins.
- Fruits – fresh, dried, frozen, or cooked in a puree.
- Wholegrains – bread slices, fortified wholegrain cereals.
- Grains – oats, rice, buckwheat, quinoa.
- Nuts and seeds – almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews.
- Beans – chickpeas, black beans, lentils.
- Soy product – including soy yogurt, calcium-fortified soy milk, edamame, tofu fingers, etc.
Of course, offering these ingredients alone would be unattractive for kids, so below, I listed the best kid-friendly and healthy snacks for your vegan kids that even picky eaters will eat!
The best vegan snacks ideas for kids
Here are some vegan snack recipes or snack ideas to offer to vegan kids any time of the day. They are quick and easy to make to fill school snacks or lunchboxes.
- Peanut Butter filled Medjool dates.
- Dried fruits – dried apricot, dates, raisins, or you can also find some dried fruit bars made of 100% apples or strawberries.
- Dried seaweeds – most kids love these crunchy thin snacks. Bonus they are packed with iodine, an important nutrient for kids.
- Nuts and seeds – they are packed with plant-based protein and important nutrients like zinc, magnesium, and more! Other a variety of nuts or seeds daily to your vegan kids in any form, raw or in homemade energy balls. The nuts that kids love the most are almonds, cashews, peanuts or hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds.
- Nut butter – peanut butter or almond butter, or cashew butter. Nut butter is a great source of plant-based proteins for kids, and you can offer nut butter to kids in many ways. Of course, you can make a peanut butter sandwich or toast, but you can also blend it with roasted chickpeas to make a delicious peanut butter chickpea dip for fruits. You can also use nut butter to make almond butter apple donuts, fill Medjool dates, or create kid energy balls, a great vegan kid snack for lunch box.
- Granola bars – not all granola bars are vegan. Some contain honey or milk as they use chocolate chips of chocolate coating. But there is a great range of vegan-friendly granola bars available in store. Watch the ingredient list or make your own.
- Rice cakes and rice crackers
- Vegetable sticks and hummus – celery, carrots, or tomatoes are kids’ favorite raw vegetables.
Vegan kids recipes
The best way to offer nourishing vegan snacks to kids is to cook them home. Check out the recipes below, all kid-friendly vegan afternoon snacks that are easy to make by mums.
Kids healthy breakfast snacks
Vegan cookies recipe for kids
Kids friendly vegan energy balls
Kids protein packed snack recipes
Kids healthy vegan muffins recipes
Kids vegan smoothie & frozen treats recipes
Have you made some of the vegan kid recipes above? Share a comment or review below to tell me which one is your kids’ favorite!